What's new

Meteoright or wrong?

flipacoin

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to long work hours and limited time and resources, I took it upon myself to slice and polish to the best of my ability a possible meteorite that I have, similar to one I've posted before except this one is a little bigger. Be that as it may, I humbly ask for the opinions of my fellow meteorite enthusiasts as to the authenticity of this rock. Thank you all and I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend.
 

Attachments

  • 1725077021477.webp
    1725077021477.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 1725076967555.webp
    1725076967555.webp
    86.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 1725077137171.webp
    1725077137171.webp
    184.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 1725077180806.webp
    1725077180806.webp
    85.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 1725077000030.webp
    1725077000030.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 1725077030548.webp
    1725077030548.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 69
Due to long work hours and limited time and resources, I took it upon myself to slice and polish to the best of my ability a possible meteorite that I have, similar to one I've posted before except this one is a little bigger. Be that as it may, I humbly ask for the opinions of my fellow meteorite enthusiasts as to the authenticity of this rock. Thank you all and I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend.
A few more pics...
 

Attachments

  • 20240831_023800.webp
    20240831_023800.webp
    774.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 20240831_023750.webp
    20240831_023750.webp
    449.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 1725090415732.webp
    1725090415732.webp
    193.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 1725090475189.webp
    1725090475189.webp
    160.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 1725090485713.webp
    1725090485713.webp
    107.8 KB · Views: 70
Such a determination is very difficult without the rock in hand.
 
The usual questions apply, for starters.

Is it attracted to a magnet and, if so, how strongly?

Does it produce any kind of streak on the unglazed side of a porcelain tile? If so, how easily, and what colour is the streak after blowing away any dust?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom