Mica veins found. Multiple veins could be all linked

Ace1mc

Sep 7, 2020
Las vegas
Detector(s) used
Mine lab 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, I have been prospecting on BLM land close to a mine site about 3 miles away. I have come across 1st mica vein that yeilded about 29 oz of mica. Not counting what I did not pull out in smaller pieces. I am going to assume it is mica because of the thin layers and it being flakey. This first one I found about 300 feet up the side of a mountain in quartz’s. Here is a couple of pictures.
9EE02460-E4DD-4CA7-BE2D-450F9317B798.jpg
9EE02460-E4DD-4CA7-BE2D-450F9317B798.jpg CD9CD138-BB77-404B-8DFC-CDA1135773D7.jpg

After further looking around about 300 feet to the west found another vein at about the same height on the hill. When I got done up there I went to the wash at the bottom of the hill and followed the wash west for about 500 feet and a 3rd mica vein in quartz’s found here are some pictures of this one.
95B22257-EEE9-4329-8091-77FF09FA289E.jpeg 95B22257-EEE9-4329-8091-77FF09FA289E.jpeg

My question could this be a good indicator of gold bearing quartz’s in the area. I am going back to the area tomorrow with my gold monster 1000 which has not detected any gold on the 2 of 3 spots so far.
I have found what appears to be iron ore small rocks witch is indicating both non ferrious and ferrious in these particular rocks. The gold monster will should Botha sides of the meter on these rocks depending on the direction of the swing multiple times.

Can anybody give feed back this is a area that I am not familiar with in hard rock mining. Since I have only been using a metal detector for prospecting.

OP
OP
A

Ace1mc

Sep 7, 2020
Las vegas
Detector(s) used
Mine lab 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I would give a update on this. I came across another area further in from the three and with my gold monster 1000. Running the gold monster over it did not detect gold but when I started removing quartz’s and taking small pieces and running them over the gold monster it would read gold and give the signals that it is gold. I have taken a sample and have broken it up and will run it through the blue bowl I have and see if it is gold. I know not that far away there is a open pit mining operation that has recovered 350,000 oz of gold. I Will keep updating.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt the mica is an indicator of more than mineralization in the quartz flows. Sounds like a good area to be in. Your best bet is to do some research and find out what the accompanying minerals are in the open pit near by. That will tell you what you are looking for. Surface veins will often loose much of their mineralization due to leaching from weather. Get down into that vein a bit, or collect the loose material from around it and pan it down. Everything weathers away but not the gold. If it was in that vein and haven’t been cleaned up already then it’s still there, just in the loose stuff on the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread