What's new

Might have found a Rare Gold Coin? :0)

Matt1344

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2012
Messages
44
Reaction score
40
Golden Thread
0
Location
Huntington, WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DSC02954.webp

So I pull this little puppy out of the ground today detecting at a local park. Sparkly GOLD. It feels almost like foil and after inspecting it for a few seconds I see that it has writing on it but I can’t quite make it out. I can’t get myself to throw it back since it is so shiny and has some sort of writing on it. I put it with my other findings to take home. When I get home I gently rinse it off. Got it pretty clean but still couldn’t read the writing. I carry it upstairs and inspect it further under a light with a magnifying glass.

Across the center in its largest font it says, “KOINPACK”…interesting…

In smaller letters across the top edge it says, “SHUNN LATEX PRODUCTS, CO”…oh no.

In small letters across the bottom edge it says, “PROPHYLACTIC”…wash hands, wash hands, wash hands!

Metal Detecting FAIL of the day.
 
Upvote 54
Fantastic recovery!!! That's one coin you sure don't want to find with a hole in it. :tongue3:
Thanks for the laugh.
-MM-
P.S. Don't "rubber" too much or you'll ruin the value.
 
One of the ways they used to see if it was a gold coin was to bite it aren't you glad you didn't check it that way.
 
Just think of the path that had to take to end up in your hands :laughing7:
 
One of the ways they used to see if it was a gold coin was to bite it aren't you glad you didn't check it that way.

haha...This has definitely been my grossest find yet. haha!

Just think of the path that had to take to end up in your hands :laughing7:

I know...I'm trying not to think about it, honestly. hahahaha
 
If u recycled it, u would have to turn it inside out and shake the $?@% out of it! Lol!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That's a banner on the laugh scale!!!! Thanks I needed a funny!
 
haha...This has definitely been my grossest find yet. haha!



I know...I'm trying not to think about it, honestly. hahahaha

Not trying to think about it because you hate to think about it or because you're trying to forget you did? ;) LOL
 
Man.....Fantastic score on the Roman Gold.........or should I say "Trojan" gold.:laughing7:
Great laugh, thanks.
ZDD
 
Anything shiny and yellow gets the heart pumping, and the adrenaline rush is what it's all about.
 
That brand of gum tastes like rubber.

Great story!
 
Well it was worth more than gold to someone :dontknow: haha
 
ROTFLMFAO...................
 
You and someone else SCORED!!!
 
Sorry, I thought she picked that up......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom