What's new

Milam co tx arrowheads

bluediamounds 55

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
492
Reaction score
814
Golden Thread
0
Location
tx.
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first time posting any of my arrowheads I used to dig for points till I got gold fever I have been looking for them gold rings these were found this weekend three to five foot deep ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418705657.845760.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418705679.686943.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418705709.032612.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418705733.496803.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418705770.302785.webp
 
Upvote 0
Wooo! Nice dig!
 
Forget the gold! Go back to what you were doing! Great finds!
 
I think you already found the gold! Those are some really old points. Nice!! Tony
 
They look like nice ones any chance of getting a better pic of some?
 
Wow! Those are great finds! I too would like to see more pics, especially the different looking one that looks like it's got some broken from it.
 
:icon_thumleft: Very Nice! They must be easy to dig with all that sand.
 
Looks like you hit the gold with those finds! Rings are cool to find but an arrowhead of quality is much better in my opinion.
 
Wow- you found those at the beach? Man! Thanks for the show ;) Yakker
(oops- nevermind. my bad)

Well shoot- in that case, give us the story man! Those are amazing!
 
Last edited:
Haha..no... 3-5' below ground yak
 
No not at the beach but there is a spring about 50 yards from where we dig ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418779733.899324.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418779766.422528.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418779796.726843.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418779817.202148.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418779837.131019.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418779863.472350.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418779890.286686.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418779915.803852.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418779947.906744.webp
 
Wow. You have got some really crazy-looking odd-balls in the pic on the far right! And the rest kinda just take your breath away. They all do really. You've been hunting the wrong thing I think... Someone needs to jump in here and talk about Texas points! (and sorry Bluediamonds, I didn't catch the dig part- just saw the sand and detector) To me it looks like you're hunting in paleo/late-archaic city! I'm just going to stare at them for a little while... maybe have a beer or something. Yakker
Oh that flaking is just too nice. Even the tan broken one... (sigh)
 
Last edited:
I see Scottsbluff in there what are you calling that long beautiful old looking sucker?
Love that horizontal flaking
 
Very impressive partner. Looks like you discovered the camps of all those Rancheria Grande tribes that lived in your area for the last 10,000 years. Imagine the spring had a lot to do with it. Lipans, Waco, Tonkawa, Tehuacanas and so many more. Great finds. Now, as a fellow Texan(and I don't mean to be too rude), but where in Milam Co. do you feel there is gold? The Brazos, Little River or maybe off aways on the San Gabriel? None of my business of course, but some other folks here have said, and I agree, you have already found the treasure. Of course, there are stories of hidden treasure up there, so who knows. Anyway, congratulations. Ya done good...
 
Very impressive partner. Looks like you discovered the camps of all those Rancheria Grande tribes that lived in your area for the last 10,000 years. Imagine the spring had a lot to do with it. Lipans, Waco, Tonkawa, Tehuacanas and so many more. Great finds. Now, as a fellow Texan(and I don't mean to be too rude), but where in Milam Co. do you feel there is gold? The Brazos, Little River or maybe off aways on the San Gabriel? None of my business of course, but some other folks here have said, and I agree, you have already found the treasure. Of course, there are stories of hidden treasure up there, so who knows. Anyway, congratulations. Ya done good...

i have been metal detecting lakes looking for gold rings the past two years i still dig a little i have a real nice place to dig i have a digging partner we built a hydraulic sifter and i dig with a bobcat i will get some pic up of the campsite and spring
 

those oddball points are called andice we have found three whole ones that was not broke they paid for our bobcat very rare to find one that is not broken or sharpend to their is nothing left
 
There are Andice and Scottsbluff in there with the one Dalton but the is the one with the co-lateral flaking
that is reminiscent of the Saint Mary's Hall type. If so that one is the rarest type in the mix.
Could you post these in another forum?
All Arrowhead Types and Ancient Indian Artifacts - Arrowheads.com
Very special site you have there.
Have you hit pan yet?

Jess B.
 
I'm just stunned. I had never heard of that style- Andice- before! Here's one site I found, if anyone's interested. I'm sure BlueDiamound has seen this ;) J.B. White Main

But also this (an awesome photo gallery of Texas points of various styles from various places) Photo Gallery - Arrowheads Of Texas

No doubt you paid for your bobcat w/ points-- doesn't surprise me at all! Keep poking around and showing us what you find- cause this is one of those mind-blowing posts we all need this time of year!
HH Yakker
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom