What's new

Military button?

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

I dug this button yesterday in Portland Oregon. It still have a lot of it's gold guilding still! It's about 7/8th of an inch in diameter. The back reads, WATERBURY BUTTON CO. CONN..

What branch of the military is it from? How old is this button ~ what years was this style used?

THANKS!
Neil
 

Attachments

  • Oct12-2009militaryBUTTON.webp
    Oct12-2009militaryBUTTON.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Oct12-2009militaryBUTTON.webp
    Oct12-2009militaryBUTTON.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 265
I'm sure the button experts will verify if I'm right....but I don't think it is a military button. I believe it is a civilian button from a jacket/blazer.
 
Upvote 0
I have one that looks similar if not the same. No back mark though. Some thought it was Civil War era. It is from the Navy. Nice find. Possibly as far back as 1860-1910.......Others will chime in though.... :thumbsup: jgas
 
Upvote 0
Navy Coat Button, post war backmark I think, but I don't have my reference here to confirm.
 
Upvote 0
Is this one of those blazer button copies? The backmark will confirm it :-\
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Is this one of those blazer button copies? The backmark will confirm it :-\
Is the head the wrong way around :dontknow:

SS
 

Attachments

  • uc0807059.webp
    uc0807059.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0
Per Alberts:

NA 121 Navy, 2-piece with border and circle of rope, Order of May 1941
 
Upvote 0
Kiros32 said:
Per Alberts:

NA 121 Navy, 2-piece with border and circle of rope, Order of May 1941

I agree Kiros32, looks like 121B: Does the 1. under 121B means a variant of the 121B or is that description of 121B?

1. Coated with brown enamel. (Navy aviator).
 
Upvote 0
Looks like 9 stars. Would that help in ID? I think others of earlierr vintage had 13 stars. :icon_scratch: jgas
 
Upvote 0
jgas said:
Looks like 9 stars. Would that help in ID? I think others of earlierr vintage had 13 stars. :icon_scratch: jgas

I count 13 stars. Is your button jgas with 9 stars?
 
Upvote 0
My Bad...I see the other stars. My eyes have deceived me again.... :tongue3: jgas
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom