What's new

Military eagle whatsit

Gary66

Full Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
This thing is paper thin and I've been wanting some ID for quite a bit..any info or guess would be appreciated.

It looks like there was a spot at the top that a ribbon could have gone thru.

Found on land G.W owned.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1809.webp
    DSCN1809.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 951
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
IronSpike said:
Found a match, but not an ID :D

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,251636.0.html

I don't think it's a button :dontknow:
:icon_thumleft:

Good match IS :icon_thumleft: the bird looks like a Phoenix not a Eagle :P

SS

I thought that as well, just wasn't sure why it was on a globe :icon_scratch:



http://www.ancientresource.com/images/coins-general/constantine-dynasty/cons-phoenix0279.jpg
I know of Roman coin's with that image, I've had a couple, but I think the Phoenix might be worth researching.
:icon_scratch:

Isn't there a place in Phoenix Arizona, called Globe as well...could be something to do with that :dontknow:

SS
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I wonder why its so thin? Is it part of something else or just worn. :dontknow:

Part of something else :icon_thumright: Maybe decorative piece on a key or a part of a flag for a mailbox :dontknow:

Not getting much on image search :-\

Maybe South Chicago Botteling Works or Globe Bank Enterprise Mfg. Co.
 

Attachments

  • 140.webp
    140.webp
    2 KB · Views: 264
  • globe-eagle_adv_sp-1877.webp
    globe-eagle_adv_sp-1877.webp
    135.6 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0
The piece is rather thin. I'll get Michaelangelo to post some better pics :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
A few more pics.
 

Attachments

  • dk 014.webp
    dk 014.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 179
  • dk 015.webp
    dk 015.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 177
  • dk 016.webp
    dk 016.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0
In a perfect world that's what mine would look like. Mine is missing the entire outer rim.

HH
Gary
 
Upvote 0
The one Iron Spike posted is one I found in my yard (under the clothesline-the house is 85 years old). The son of the previous owner went to Oak Ridge Military Academy and I just figured it came off of one of his uniforms.
Be interesting to find out what it actually is.
 
Upvote 0
Mine was found on the edge of a hillside in a public park...Where a house was bulldozed and pushed over the hill. Most of my good coin
finds were at the edge of the hill or slightly down over. I would like to know what it is seeing how yours is in great shape.

Gary
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom