What's new

Military eagle whatsit

Gary66

Full Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
This thing is paper thin and I've been wanting some ID for quite a bit..any info or guess would be appreciated.

It looks like there was a spot at the top that a ribbon could have gone thru.

Found on land G.W owned.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1809.webp
    DSCN1809.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 951
All the views and not one guess....

You smart peeps all go take a nap? j/k
 
Upvote 0
well just a guess, but it looks like the front of a two piece button. Hopefully the button guys will come along and put their minds to it.
 
Upvote 0
I think it looks like a Revolutionary War button, but I have no links right now.

Someone will identify it soon!


Sky Pilot
 
Upvote 0
Gary66 wrote:
> All the views and not one guess....
> You smart peeps all go take a nap? j/k

Whenever an object's ID isn't obvious, "smart peeps" (at least, the ones who've been replying to "What is it?" posts for a long-long time) know better than to waste their time wild-guessing when the poster provides only one photo, with nothing in it for scale, and the poster fails to provide size-measurement. Furthermore, providing only one photo giving a "straight-down-on-it" view of an object does not show whether its form is flat or domed or concave.

Perhaps this forum's ID-helpers will do more than just view the single photo and move on to the next post in the forum when you provide additional photos, showing a side-view of the object, and it's back, and give an accurate measurement of it.

Remember, folks, this forum's ID-helpers are trying to do you a favor. Please don't carelessly make that "job" more difficult for them.
 
Upvote 0
Man instead of sounding so angry, a simple "please provide additional photo's in such and such a way" would have worked.

I would be glad to provide additional pics including side and showing scale.

And TCG...Having an attitude because of a crappy day or whatever does not mean we want to share it with you, save it for your wife.

Thanks
Gary
 
Upvote 0
Check the timestamps on posts #1 and #2. Having to sit through 113 minutes without getting an ID-answer to his single photo, which he posted with no size info, prompts his snide complaint in post #2. (Putting "j/k" after it doesn't make it any less snide.) His next post (#6) says I've got an "attitude" ...which I should take out on my wife.

113 minutes is apparently an agonizingly long time for today's teenagers to wait without getting what they want.
 
Upvote 0
NOLA_Ken said:
well just a guess, but it looks like the front of a two piece button. Hopefully the button guys will come along and put their minds to it.
Sky Pilot said:
I think it looks like a Revolutionary War button, but I have no links right now.

Someone will identify it soon!


Sky Pilot
I see some members are leaning towards a button. We live in the "Information Age", the age of computers, where everyone wants answers quickly but its really not time productive to search buttons without knowing at least the size of this item.




What does "j/k" mean?
ADDED: never mind, I googled it. :D (just playing)
 
Upvote 0
not sure what all the fuss is about, clearly the size of the weave of the cloth gives you the size :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
How many threads per centimeter is this weave? ;D
 
Upvote 0
It might be the weft of the weave thats throwing me off ;D, but the item looks a bit like a watch fob to me. Similar to the one in the attached picture.
 

Attachments

  • 77c5_1_bl.webp
    77c5_1_bl.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 735
Upvote 0
I looked at about 500 eagle buttons designs.

http://www.waterburybutton.com/cart...dSupplier=0&withStock=&IDBrand=0&order=3&SKU=
...and this is the closest match. button fashion eagle 2.webp

I would say its not military. Its probably not even a button. Judging by the broken attachment point and the amount of weaves per centimeter on the table cloth, a thin pressed brass eagle design piece from a watch fob sounds about right... but I could be wrong.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • button fashion eagle 2.webp
    button fashion eagle 2.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 632
  • button fashion eagle 2.webp
    button fashion eagle 2.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 654
  • button unknown eagle.webp
    button unknown eagle.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 637
Upvote 0
Your eagles are different Big Cy - no shield, straight legs, level head. Might be an older version?

Looks like a globe at the feet - good eye on that part.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • button geodetic survey.webp
    button geodetic survey.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 634
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I see now my head is taller but still maybe a different manufacturer or version.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • button geodetic survey3.webp
    button geodetic survey3.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 634
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom