What's new

Military Victory badge...ID?

DiggerBug

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
473
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off my camera died last week and I want to thank Nana for taking these pictures.

I would like to know which, if any war this belongs to and what branch, etc.
It is not solid like a medal would be, but appears pressed like a badge.
The top says Victory above a flag type banner with 10 stars.
Of the three soldiers I believe the left one is a doughboy, ? on the middle one, and the right one looks like a sailor.
The bottom has words too. The left sometimes looks like Charity (according to the way you hold it), the middle looks like Peace and I can't tell about the right one.
It is 1 1/2" high x 1 7/16' wide. (Nana and I forgot to put a coin by it for size reference)

I have searched military site and every term and phrase I can think of but cannot find anything that even looks near it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The curiosity is going to kill Donna and myself soon!

Before cleaning...
100_1954.webp

After cleaning...
IMG_7421.webp

IMG_7422.webp

Back...
IMG_7424.webp

Bottom...
IMG_7425.webp

IMG_7426.webp
 
I would guess it is post WWI. The words Victory, Peace, and Charity for Britain and Europe were often used after the war. ...but I guess you already knew that. :D nice find.
 
Upvote 0
Could the center figure be a woman with a hat?
 
Upvote 0
Thanks BigC. I was thinking post WWI too.

I thought the middle one looked kind of like this...

cadets-rmc-hat.webp

soldier-queen.webp
 
Upvote 0
It's a "Victory" watch fob issued in 1918-19, at the end of World War I. Check the top edge for a couple of bumps where the bail was broken off. Here's a different variety:

63282.webp​
 
Upvote 0
Thanks PBK! WWI! That's the closest to it I've seen. Thank you so much!
 
Upvote 0
...but what is that last word? Victory, charity, peace, and_______?
Can you make out any letters?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
...but what is that last word? Victory, charity, peace, and_______?
Can you make out any letters?

Is it "fill your holes" ? :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Beautiful fob, glad you got it identified.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks, Curb!

Fred.... :icon_scratch:

BigC...I almost want to say it reads Democracy.
 
Upvote 0
DiggerBug said:
BigC...I almost want to say it reads Democracy.
Yes, I see an ..."MOC"...and what could be "R"... :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom