minelab equinox testers?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ML is tight lipped about absolutely everything they do, so I'm not surprised its the same with their testers.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think as many people as we have on this forum someone would know one....

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only one I️ know representing it is Dr Tones. I’m so on the fence do I️ by a Deus now or wait for Equinox. White people problems.

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Minelabs,Red Heats, XP's, Fisher, Whites, others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are 3 i know of in the UK . Neil "Slow & Low" Jones , Gordon Heritage and a Lady from Scotland i hear , but no name .

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only one I️ know representing it is Dr Tones. I’m so on the fence do I️ by a Deus now or wait for Equinox. White people problems.

I'd wait. You can play with your new Max in the mean time.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can someone translate?

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am sure you "know" some U.S. testers from the online world. If I were offered the opportunity from Minelab to test the EQ under condition of total silence I would jump. I read the specs a couple times and seen the forum fanfare but still don't know much about these machines. My guess is that if the machine could correlate 2 or more frequencies simultaneously it would be top of the specs. Other than that, it looks like a versatile, deep seeker with good ergonomics. I love the Minelab FBS and I am fine with pushing a button to change frequencies but I would like the machine to do the math for me. Still, can't wait to see what folks think.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no minelab testers though.....its a very interesting machine from the specs

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no minelab testers though.....its a very interesting machine from the specs

Yes, it is a very interesting machine according to the specifications. I’m engineer in the battery industry and reading over some of the specifications the way they are recharging the battery raises some questions in my mind. From what I read they are recharging using a magnetic connection this is truly new way of recharging. I like the fact they are using Lithium Ion battries is great, but not allowing the end user access to battery raises some concern with me. I will use my AT Max until there are more detectors that are not tied to MineLab.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
multiple freq detectors are the way to go... it makes a difference .

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is a very interesting machine according to the specifications. I’m engineer in the battery industry and reading over some of the specifications the way they are recharging the battery raises some questions in my mind. From what I read they are recharging using a magnetic connection this is truly new way of recharging. I like the fact they are using Lithium Ion battries is great, but not allowing the end user access to battery raises some concern with me. I will use my AT Max until there are more detectors that are not tied to MineLab.

It doesnt recharge with magnets, the magnets hold the charger unit to the detect. The batteries recharge by inductance.

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It doesnt recharge with magnets, the magnets hold the charger unit to the detect. The batteries recharge by inductance.

Yes agree it does not recharge by using mangnets missed that when I posted about the recharging, their way of recharging is unsual and is not commonly used to recharge. Does not mean it will not work just very unusual.

I might add that inductance charging has been aaround for quite some time it just not that common of way of charging. Nikoa Tesla was the first to propose induction charging, It's just very unusual method and not sure at this point is something I want to use. Yes there are verious devices that use inductance charging just not sure that I'm ready to embrace with open arms.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes agree it does not recharge by using mangnets missed that when I posted about the recharging, their way of recharging is unsual and is not commonly used to recharge. Does not mean it will not work just very unusual.

I might add that inductance charging has been aaround for quite some time it just not that common of way of charging. Nikoa Tesla was the first to propose induction charging, It's just very unusual method and not sure at this point is something I want to use. Yes there are all kinds of verious devices that use inductance charging just not sure that I'm ready to embrace with open arms.

Its been around for a while, just hasnt become commercial until recently. Now you can get cell phones that charge like that as well as pace makers use the same tech. I don't think its anything to worry about.

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its been around for a while, just hasnt become commercial until recently. Now you can get cell phones that charge like that as well as pace makers use the same tech. I don't think its anything to worry about.

Agree but even with my wireless headphones I still take a set of wired with me and leave in the truck.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine that Steve Herschbach is probably testing one, but, I haven't heard anything from him. As for the charging system.....my old electric toothbrush uses a similar charging system and has been working great for almost 20 years.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
can someone translate?

I can translate what's on that title page! ;)

It says "field test with the new Minelab Equinox 800..."

The whole video? No; my German is way too rusty for that!

Steve

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would imagine that Steve Herschbach is probably testing one, but, I haven't heard anything from him. As for the charging system.....my old electric toothbrush uses a similar charging system and has been working great for almost 20 years.

Steve indeed has been testing one. He has written a Lot about it on his website.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread