minelab equinox testers?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is the battery voltage of the 800? I didn't see that in the specs. what devices can be used to convert and recharge? Please excuse my ignorance as i am new to this. If it can be used while charging why couldn't it be powered by an external battery of same voltage, maybe strapped to a belt like we use when flounder gigging? Seems like an external backup battery would be useful. just sayin... am still impatiently waiting for my 800 to come in...

I dont beileve anything yet has stated the battery voltager, but since you can charge or run it from a USB battery pack, I would think it may be something like 5 or 6 volts? probably less than 12V.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is the battery voltage of the 800? I didn't see that in the specs. what devices can be used to convert and recharge? Please excuse my ignorance as i am new to this. If it can be used while charging why couldn't it be powered by an external battery of same voltage, maybe strapped to a belt like we use when flounder gigging? Seems like an external backup battery would be useful. just sayin... am still impatiently waiting for my 800 to come in...

I dont beileve anything yet has stated the battery voltager, but since you can charge or run it from a USB battery pack, I would think it may be something like 5 or 6 volts? probably less than 12V.

I wonder how long this would run the EQX?

Capture.JPG

Jan 17, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
ProFind 35
Minelab Equinox 800 (just sold)
Minelab Vanquish 540
ProFind 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, that's what got me thinking. Since a lot of detectors use 4 AA batteries (= 6 volts), It would be cool to use a square 6v Duracell (as backup) if the voltage matched, but i sure as heck wouldn't want to void my warranty..

Jan 17, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
ProFind 35
Minelab Equinox 800 (just sold)
Minelab Vanquish 540
ProFind 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how long this would run the EQX?

View attachment 1538496

I have two of those (similar). They each have a 5 volt output. If compatible, i will let you know after the EQX 800 arrives

How do you attach a photo to this post? Thanks ....i guess i found out, huh? :)

Attachments

• IMG_6295.JPG
    IMG_6295.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna wait about a year for real user reviews. If it turns out to be a good beach and shallow water machine then I'm in for sure.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm gonna wait about a year for real user reviews. If it turns out to be a good beach and shallow water machine then I'm in for sure.

I applaud your willpower, birdman. I wish I had it. I've been playing mental ping pong on what to do since the Equinox was announced. And I did the same thing when the AT Max was announced. Fortunately, I grew tired of waiting for the Max, and eventually cancelled my pre-order. As for the Equinox, the 600 (on paper) matches exactly the types of areas I have access to hunt. And the price point works better for me as well. (I'm retired). I don't need a gold option, but park, field, and beach are just the ticket for me. I am HOPING that reviews match the hype and anticipation. Time will tell, but if they are really positive, I'm going to get one before summer. HH

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered the 800 from Cabela's. On their website, it states that they are "In stock online."

When I placed my order, it said that it ships from the manufacturer and that it would arrive in 4-7 business days.

I, like so many others, am highly interested in the multifrequency aspect of this machine and will be putting it head-to-head against my Deus to see if it's worthy of all the hype.

If not, then I know my way around Craigslist pretty well...

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you mean Steve Hesababy. As in- He is a baby.

I just responded to his comments over there, and logically called him out on his behaviors and responses. Example- he referred to everyone over here with "Let the know nothings over there discuss there know nothingness with each other".

True to a 5 year old mentality- he banned me and probably deleted my posts to protect his own perceived precious reputation.

BTW Stevie- how about 'discuss *their* know nothingness'. Amusing to try to put people down and not use the right words. ;)

He probably deleted the posts to secure his own manhood- but if not, go ahead and read over there- amusing psychological case.

Eh, take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered the 800 from Cabela's. On their website, it states that they are "In stock online."

When I placed my order, it said that it ships from the manufacturer and that it would arrive in 4-7 business days.

I, like so many others, am highly interested in the multifrequency aspect of this machine and will be putting it head-to-head against my Deus to see if it's worthy of all the hype.

If not, then I know my way around Craigslist pretty well...

LB4S,

Uh, been there done that with those guys. Believe me when I say that 4-7 direct ship statement is boilerplate and you will receive a follow up email stating a more realistic but depressing ship date and will then be given an opportunity to cancel your order. Kellyco has a two hundred some long preorder list and received a single digit initial shipment so if you are not already on someone’s preorder list, it’s likely going to be awhile (e.g., weeks).

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LB4S,

Uh, been there done that with those guys. Believe me when I say that 4-7 direct ship statement is boilerplate and you will receive a follow up email stating a more realistic but depressing ship date and will then be given an opportunity to cancel your order. Kellyco has a two hundred some long preorder list and received a single digit initial shipment so if you are not already on someone’s preorder list, it’s likely going to be awhile (e.g., weeks).
That's what I'm expecting, tbh. Oh well, I can wait. After all, we're frozen solid here right now with a foot of snow on the ground. It'll be another month or better before i could break ground anyway.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted you to be prepared for a worst case scenario. OTOH, I've seen stranger things happen when it comes to high demand product rollouts and you could hit the lottery on a botched overshipment situation and indeed have your EQ next week. In any event, since you know your way around the Deus can't wait for you to get your hands on one and post your thoughts on it. Here's to lottery picks and thawed ground! :occasion14:

Last edited:

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted you to be prepared for a worst case scenario. OTOH, I've seen stranger things happen when it comes to high demand product rollouts and you could hit the lottery on a botched overshipment situation and indeed have your EQ next week. In any event, since you know your way around the Deus can't wait for you to get your hands on one and post your thoughts on it. Here's to lottery picks and thawed ground! :occasion14:
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how it goes head to head with the Deus. It's definitely got some big shoes to fill.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of see them as complementing each other, not necessarily replacements for each other. Not that I have money to own them both, but to be completely free of wires (as with the Deus) with the coil, remote and headphones(or lack thereof) is huge for those of us who like to be as discreet as possible when detecting. (as in so discreet we're detecting where we may or may not be very welcome depending on who you ask).

Last edited:

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of see them as complementing each other, not necessarily replacements for each other. Not that I have money to own them both, but to be completely free of wires (as with the Deus) with the coil, remote and headphones(or lack thereof) is huge for those of us who like to be as discreet as possible when detecting. (as in so discreet we're detecting where we may or may not be very welcome depending on who you ask).
Yeah, that's what I've been looking for - a machine to compliment the Deus. Don't think I could ever get rid of my first true love.

I'm hoping the 800 will hit better on the saltwater beaches, but I know it could never be as good on the fine gold in these mountain streams as my Deus' 81 kHz elliptical coil. As for cellar holes and old Colonial fields, we'll have to see which is the better detector.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't sell the Equinox short on fine gold performance. Have seen some incredible fine gold finds by the pre testers. But yeah, my Deus isn't going anywhere. That elliptical coil is like a laser pointer. There are no accessory coils yet available for Equinox though a 6" sniper and a larger than the 11" stock coil have been announced.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LB4S,

Maybe a long long time. How many can be made each month ? Hundreds of dealers world wide all have orders in
and are waiting. Years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread