Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regarding Deus vs. Equinox Weight - you be the judge (I'm leaning towards Deus)

View attachment 1528937 vs. View attachment 1528938

Seriously though, the Equinox weighs 30 percent more than the Deus. I've handled a prototype Equinox. Not negligible. 'Nox better than the AT Max? Oh, yeah.

LOL! Good one!

I️ have the Max and the F75 but with the big coils and everything my shoulders are hurting at night so weight at this point is important to me. I️ detect a lot and I’m over the whole sling thing.

Understood, Truth1253. Again, I was thinking the difference was a couple of ounces. Nearly a pound could make a difference for some, no doubt.

Steve

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That extra .9 of a pound could be a great thing in the water. Possibly affording a little more control while submerged.
On the beach not so sure but I have the Deus for sand hunting.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can almost guarantee you Andy Sabisch is testing one and working on his new Equinox book as we speak.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I would imagine that Steve Herschbach is probably testing one, but, I haven't heard anything from him. As for the charging system.....my old electric toothbrush uses a similar charging system and has been working great for almost 20 years.

Yes, Steve Herschbach is testing it and likes it very much. I don't want to quote too much of his info from his own site and owners of treasurenet would also have to approve it if I did, even though it would likely boost sales for T-Net dealers.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I have no business smarts, but wonder how Minelab thinks about selling 100,000 $649 or $899 detectors vs. selling 1,000 $2,500 detectors? Which is likely better for the company? Many of the people buying an Equinox may be spending nearly all the money they have. Personal and business bankruptcies between now and 2025 may be the worst we've ever seen.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...... Many of the people buying an Equinox may be spending nearly all the money they have. Personal and business bankruptcies between now and 2025 may be the worst we've ever seen.

Seriously? It's in very poor taste (to say the least) to comment on the finances of people you dont even know.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no business smarts, but wonder how Minelab thinks about selling 100,000 $649 or $899 detectors vs. selling 1,000 $2,500 detectors? Which is likely better for the company? Many of the people buying an Equinox may be spending nearly all the money they have. Personal and business bankruptcies between now and 2025 may be the worst we've ever seen.

It also presumes that the Eq wont pay for itself, which any decent detector + operator can do.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Steve Herschbach is testing it and likes it very much. I don't want to quote too much of his info from his own site and owners of treasurenet would also have to approve it if I did, even though it would likely boost sales for T-Net dealers.
We have no issue quoting as long as there is no hot link to another website and there is no copyright violation.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

What are you talking about? We’re talking metal detectors and you’re talking about nationwide bankruptcies. Did I miss something?

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
What are you talking about? We’re talking metal detectors and you’re talking about nationwide bankruptcies. Did I miss something?

I didn't say everyone is going bankrupt, let alone list governments, corporations, or individuals. Individuals who detect are not immune to spending cutbacks, or bankruptcy, and not saying detecting was cause. I'm really trying to say detector mfrs are mostly looking at new model detectors that will be under $1,000, or possibly even less. If you are ultra rich, I'm not saying you don't have the right to buy anything and everything you might possibly want. If you need more clarification of these comments, let me know what I made unclear. Thanks and best wishes.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
It also presumes that the Eq wont pay for itself, which any decent detector + operator can do.

Sorry I made myself unclear. No I'm not saying the Equinox won't pay for itself. I want that to happen for as many as possible. I was trying to say it just might be possible for the Equinox detectors ($649 or $899) to pay for themselves faster than the detectors priced much higher. Both mfr and potential owners likely thought that. My gripe is detectors that have the exact same abilities, the only difference being brand name, model #, paint job, size and shape of control box, weight, number and type of batteries. I assume there are many others saying they won't be fooled again.

I expect to buy 1 Equinox or the other, new or used. If it doesn't exceed my many other detectors abilities to get an accurate ID at depth I'll probably sell most of my detectors and mostly be a cladshooter in new places nearby.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Seriously? It's in very poor taste (to say the least) to comment on the finances of people you dont even know.

I don 't think I named any names on the finances of people I don't know, or even people I do know. I was trying to say not everyone possesses enough money to buy units costing thousands. The Equinox is exciting because many people CAN (just barely) afford it, so it may be the thrill of their life. We constantly see people posting they want a different detector and post the most they can spend. I don't think having a budget is anything to be ashamed of. Best wishes.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don 't think I named any names on the finances of people I don't know, or even people I do know. I was trying to say not everyone possesses enough money to buy units costing thousands. The Equinox is exciting because many people CAN (just barely) afford it, so it may be the thrill of their life. We constantly see people posting they want a different detector and post the most they can spend. I don't think having a budget is anything to be ashamed of. Best wishes.

Nothing wrong with what you typed. Some people just take things personal or literal. Hard to understand someone completely when theres no facial expressions or tone. That's whats hard about conversing this way.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen many times on T-Net about detectors that have "Paid" for themselves. You know fella's, I have never thought of any detector I've owned in that way, this has always been a great hobby and "time out" for me, and a different or "better" detector was simply another tool (a bigger, better, cooler tool) to mess around with. Cost? You buy what you can afford, no matter what it is. I do not think anybody who "metal detects" is going to skip paying bills or forgo eating in order to buy ANY detector. OK, having said that, what was this thread about? Right, "Minelab Equinox Testers". Nope, were still waiting, don't know if the guys who pre-ordered have even received them yet.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... OK, having said that, what was this thread about? Right, "Minelab Equinox Testers". Nope, were still waiting, don't know if the guys who pre-ordered have even received them yet.

You don't have your's yet? I've been swinging mine for almost a week now. It's great!

KIDDING!

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Have the price points of the 3 coils been released?

I was talking to one of the larger US Minelab dealers (who shall remain nameless) a couple days ago about the EQ. He seemed less than enthusiastic about how the rollout is going and actually recommended against pre-ordering one. Didn't come out and say it but I got the feeling that all of the bugs had not been worked out. Hope my feeling was wrong and everyone has huge success. I think I want one too but will give it some time just in case.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its probably all about production line glitches now than detector bugs (Jeff Herschbach didn’t seem to be having any problems with the detector itself, you can check out his finds. In fact, he has sold off all of his other vlf detectors in favor of the Equinox). Not surprising. That’s why I avoid pre-paid-in-full preorders, always too much uncertainty as to the actual release date, and they are NEVER released early. I will gladly let others provide the guaranteed 6-month+ interest free loans to the dealers for the privilege of being first in line for a toy. Lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions