Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mpostma said:
It's not different enough for me to trade up, but for someone deciding to buy new into FBS and not spend a whole lot of time learning to program their machine I think it will prove to be a great tool.

Good Luck,
Mark

You think it takes a whole lot of time to program an Explorer? That was always the Quattro marketing point but the learning curve on the Explorer is not setting the detector, it's really no different than any other machine. Probably easier that you don't have to ground balance, just set the semse & disc. and you're off.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Iron Patch,
I guess I should have written that different. You do have more options to make adjustments and "tweak" and explorer than a Quattro or a Safari. There is more "information" available when you run an explorer too. So I would say you can spend more time learning all the things your machine is telling you.

You're not telling me now that you think a Safari or a Quattro is the same as an Explorer, are you? LOL.

They are simpler versions of the Explorer. I get the depth, but not as many whistles and bells, or optional adjustments.

Thank you,
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread