Kas
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jan 3, 2007
- Messages
- 1,571
- Reaction score
- 29
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Mx sport
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Problem is most people look at the depth numbers and think coins first. The coinshooters here far outweigh the relic hunters, and their thinking runs in the coin area when people start talking depth.
Yep, I have power lines buried underground for my house, and they're 36", and I can detect them, Charlie.
Deeper relics, now there's a hole nuther ballgame. You have to figure out the strata year for CW relics. How much have they sunk in 140+ years.
Pull tabs appeared in 1962, and they' re found at 9.22" depth in '05, with the sink rate. These are the first tabs lost in '62. Of course there are different soil conditions so things can sink faster or slower. So, in conclusion, Neither the DFX or SE will find most relics. Now, A pulse machine will. I think the SE goes deeper than the DFX, hands down, at least for coins.
Yep, I have power lines buried underground for my house, and they're 36", and I can detect them, Charlie.
Deeper relics, now there's a hole nuther ballgame. You have to figure out the strata year for CW relics. How much have they sunk in 140+ years.
Pull tabs appeared in 1962, and they' re found at 9.22" depth in '05, with the sink rate. These are the first tabs lost in '62. Of course there are different soil conditions so things can sink faster or slower. So, in conclusion, Neither the DFX or SE will find most relics. Now, A pulse machine will. I think the SE goes deeper than the DFX, hands down, at least for coins.

At this point I am up to page 55 in the se owners manual. I think I just got past the dry or harder parts. Also just completed a trade to add a smaller coil, picked up a 8 inch, hopefully will arrive within a week, so this way the testing will be fair. I will run the se with very close to the same size coils I ran the dfx...over the same ground...should be an interesting summer...

There are at least 4 people here that mentioned the same problems as me.... and in private messages and other forums at least another 50. Dewcon would be a perfect example of someone that takes the time to totally learn the machine...Read all his posts and we bounced ideas back and forth...it did not work for us...I see he took the same route as me...the sending of coils back to whites...whites claiming defective coils...a machine that needed recalibration... Then it came to me direct a message from whites stating a 6 to 8 inch air test is the norm! Some of these users are not just beginners, some long time white's users who finally gave up. Then what does whites do to change this image...nothing...they put a larger coil on the dfx and mxt and call it the 300 series....






