Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All

I wish everyone a happy , safe and prosperous new year ! May 2021 be a time of fulfillment for everyone.

TT

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Wishing you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Good bye and good riddance to 2020!

Coffee anyone?
:coffee2::coffee::coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy new year folks!

Got a roof overhead here things are good.
Food and a bottle of cherry wine to break a year or so's alcohol fast...
Plenty of snow outside , l.o.l..
Freedom to move about at will.
Weather says hole up tonight. Which is no problem.

Stay well as can be.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy new year folks!

Got a roof overhead here things are good.
Food and a bottle of cherry wine to break a year or so's alcohol fast...
Plenty of snow outside , l.o.l..
Freedom to move about at will.
Weather says hole up tonight. Which is no problem.

Stay well as can be.

Back at you!

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday amigos

It is warm in my part of world. We have had a week of rain and high humidity about 95%. Today is balmy so old crow has enjoyed a little nap in the hammock. Tired and bored at the same time. So anyone up for a yarn amigos grab a brew and pull up a seat.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sitting here in SoCal on Day 290 of COVID-19 semi-isolation, I'm all ears Crow for a good yarn.
Don.....

Sorry amigo the heat and beers kicked in I nodded off. But I shall continue. You know amigos there are stories of great hero's warriors and explorers. Yet some amazing people are almost invisible amigos. They are the forgotten heros from the masses of everyday people who bust thier ass doing things perhaps they do not like but do it. These people definately need a mention and some admiration.

The following person is just one of many I have encountered in my travels.

Crow

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry amigo the heat and beers kicked in I nodded off. But I shall continue. You know amigos there are stories of great hero's warriors and explorers. Yet some amazing people are almost invisible amigos. They are the forgotten heros from the masses of everyday people who bust thier ass doing things perhaps they do not like but do it. These people definately need a mention and some admiration.

The following person is just one of many I have encountered in my travels.

Crow

I have done more than busted my ass Crow...And I don't have very much to show for it other than stating that I have given away a paragon rough diamond and some platinum ore...But I can care less...

I am having fun living as I am living...I have downed more than a gallon of Miller High Life today and I am not even buzzed...But it is only beer...And beer does not even get me drunk...Oh well...I am an alcoholic and that is just me...

I don't really care IF I develop my little silver mine or my Reno play area...

Life will go on...And I will continue to drink my 6 pack of 16oz millers per day...And maybe one day I will try to develop my play grounds...

Ed T

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing stories can come from the most mundane places...perhaps not so mundane when you see what actually is done there.

Inside a steelworks some amazing but very dangerous jobs exist. Many have been replaced by robotic technology some have not. One such job was and still is in some plants was the job of a slag tapper.

In short a slag tapper's job is to break a clay plug in pouring spout of a blast furnace. Two technique was one and long iron bar to break the clay plug away or oxygen lance..

you see for ya self.

around the tap hole is thermal jacket with water to cool the tap hole. if he cuts through thermal jacket protecting the tap hole it will explode release maybe 2- 3 thousand tons of steel over him. With protective clothing face shield. Oxygen ventilator your rubber soul work boots melt and you hard hat melts from radiant heat. So under you boots is wooden clogs so your boot don't melt touching the steel floor. You have a minute to get the tap hole open. After 60 seconds you body starts to over heat and to collapse near the furnace is like falling onto a barbecue plate. You get in you get out. The protective suit gives perhaps 2 minutes protection.

On the left of the tapper is the mud gun which is hydrophilic ram that rams wet clay into the tap hole in which it drys instantaneous to form a plug.

There are two sides to the furnace on side empties other side fills. You have two tapping crews one for each side of the furnace.

These guys earn every cent they make amigos.

Crow

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday Crow

Times up amigo. Monday 11 Jan. We are in.

Kanacki

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
while waiting......
am tempted to tell a story about drunken crows

as a child vacationing in Minn, White Fish Lake one of the entertainments was getting a alu pie plate and putting in it a handful of corn kernels with a cup of whiskey and let it soak for a while
set the pan outside and the crows would soon find it and fall unconscious after tanking up due to their high metabolism, but after a while their legs would start jerking and eventually stumbling around and falling over
when they could stand they would flop the wings about and finally get them working together and try to takeoff, 6" off the ground until smack into a pine tree, over and over
great sport, for us of course

flight rules Crow

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miss the resident senior treasure hunter popping in.

Hope everything is well and there are just keyboard frustrations.

:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread