What's new

Missing Person

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Where is Obediah ? He's usually on here everyday.
Did he get booted off by the censors?
Anybody know ?
Rich
 
Upvote 0
Mentone Grizz said:
Homeland Security came and took him away......
:laughing7:

I remember his older posts showing his silver finds had a bumpersticker of some sort that said in big letters "The UN is not your friend". I thought it was pretty funny :laughing7:
 
Rich,
You're right. I've noticed that he's been off the air for about a week.
Hope he's okay.
rileyboy
 
Yea he got banned. Talked to him another forum today. Not sure if its permanent or temporary.
 
Obama must have someone on the inside with the boards. Oops maybe i shouldnt have said that.
 
JD-GA said:
Obama must have someone on the inside with the boards. Oops maybe i shouldnt have said that.

They are comming for you! :)
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Yea he got banned. Talked to him another forum today. Not sure if its permanent or temporary.

I find it somewhat queer to ban someone who contributes so much to this forum. I hope it is only temporary.
HH
Rich
 
Well it was thanks to certain people who whined about him going off topic. I myself would rather just ignore someone than try to get them in trouble. Ignore works, thats what its there for so use it. I myself enjoy his unique view of things.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Well it was thanks to certain people who whined about him going off topic. I myself would rather just ignore someone than try to get them in trouble. Ignore works, thats what its there for so use it. I myself enjoy his unique view of things.

I believe it was just one person who complained. Every so often a lurker will slither over and make waves.
I suppose it makes them feel empowered or important.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Well it was thanks to certain people who whined about him going off topic. I myself would rather just ignore someone than try to get them in trouble. Ignore works, thats what its there for so use it. I myself enjoy his unique view of things.

I believe it was just one person who complained. Every so often a lurker will slither over and make waves.
I suppose it makes them feel empowered or important.
HH
Rich

Who complained replied to this thread with a link to the thread that got him in trouble. Not hard to figure out...
 
Moderator Comment TERMS OF USE VIOLATION REMOVED

FINAL WARNING !

KEEP Politics in Politics or get Banned
_____________________________________________
The above was in the place of Obe's last post
Weak..... No one likes a snitch.... (Please don't tell on me) LOL
 
I think he got bammed for some over the top political drivel he was spewing on a post that was started out about quarters. I'm a pretty tolerant guy and as most here, would ignore his rants but that one was so bad that I even posted a prediction a "poofing" was coming if it continued...and sure enough he couldn't resist one last rant and it looks like a "poof". Too bad as I got a kick out of his post. It wasn't a good sign when a fellow right-wing conservative calls him out for being inappropriate. They were PO'd at him and said he was the reason all the teabag party members were getting such a bad reputation. Hopefully it is only a week or two suspension and he gets a second chance.

Maine_Jim
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Yea he got banned. Talked to him another forum today. Not sure if its permanent or temporary.

This is too bad, he seemed like a colorful character with lots of roll huntin' experience.
 
I couldn't help lashing back at the certain someone. Was watching Sean Hannity at the time. Gets you kind of wired up, makes you want to do something about the problems in the country. Arguing with a gopher sure isn't the way to do it. Now that I look back at it, just another mistake that wasted my time. Ban me, not Obediah.
 
well this sucks...hope its only temp., cuz i always laughed at what he posted, and i liked his sense of humor.
keep it up and hh1
 
Perhaps, he'll learn to separate his own personal political views from infecting the threads of a hobby that is enjoyed by many people with differing political viewpoints. I myself was one who was ticked off that he had to spew his drivel on a simple quarter thread. But that happens frequently with Obediah. He can't resist going off-topic. Read his past posts. There is a common underlying tone that has nothing to do with CRH'ing.
 
I generally avoid politics on posts out of respect to other people. But that guy has a disdain for people unlike himself that runs very deep and he cannot avoid spouting off. I think his diatribe is "funny" to those to lean to the right and offensive to those to lean to the left. The opposite would happen if I went off about moderate to left politics. I don't do this, however, because it takes away from the forum and the community we have created here.

OWS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom