Rich Hartford
Silver Member
Where is Obediah ? He's usually on here everyday.
Did he get booted off by the censors?
Anybody know ?
Rich
Did he get booted off by the censors?
Anybody know ?
Rich
Upvote
0
I left for the day...Obe will probably be back before this thread ends!
Can't see what the big deal is, he was out of line and got bammed after getting warned a few times and disrespecting the moderators. It is their house and they make the rules. Hopefully he is out scrounging some silver and can come back with some good CRH posts and be a bit more civil without spewing that political drivel all over everyones post. Next time he should just start his own thread about it and everyone will know what is coming and avoid it. I did get a good chuckle from reading his post but can't say I'd be heading to the fall out shelter with him. ScoobaSteve said:Sorry I haven't been posting much but I put the CRHing on hold for a bit. I am constantly lurking though. I can't help but notice how everything gets taken out of context through political correctness. It's almost challenging to post because I constantly have to worry about offending someone.
I do find that most of the posts that are "On Topic" make me feel quite gay (cheerful - not homosexual) even though some people find it queer (Odd - not homosexual)
that a topic can go into almost any subject related to the original post. What I find a bit disturbing is that for a country that prides itself on freedoms, of speech in particular, there is an awful lot of censorship. The result is usually being banned or Blacklisted (The color black). I can see if a good chunk (Portion - Not an overweight of lazy person) of people were complaining, but I don't believe that that is usually the case. What I can say is that throughout the information era i feel that I am almost becoming used to the idea that I can't speak my mind. I can see from watching my children that they are getting used to being anti-social. No tag in school, can't slap five or shake hands, no hugs, no display of public affection, can't share crackers (Saltines - Not whites), no pulling boners (Jokes - Not an erection) etc etc. What is also being taught is that it is good and honorable to tattletale, to report, to snitch, to let someone know. It seems as though this generation is being molded into caring only about ones self. Believe or not it boils down to the pansy's (Wimps - not homosexuals or flowers). People have nothing better to do but be glorified in controlling what other people say, think or do in any situation. God (The Almighty) gave us tools that we can choose to use or not to use without harming anyone. Some people ( I call them rubberneckers) choose to wander with these tools knowing full well that they won't like what they see hear or taste yet they can't help but look knowing full well that after they look they will have to lodge (Submit - Not a home in the Alps) a complaint. What's next, postings become illegal (Against the law - Not the immigrant)
Sure the forums are privately owned, but I would imagine that the private (Exclusive - not the Organ) owner finds that free speech, if not violating the rights of others is a priority in a forum based around speech.
The funny thing is that some of these "Rubbernecker" types have identified themselves within this topic. I'm not going to mention any names.
I hope I stayed on topic and didn't offend anyone.
I wonder where you get that from maine_Jim said:Hey I can't believe this topic is still rolling.I left for the day...Obe will probably be back before this thread ends!
Can't see what the big deal is, he was out of line and got bammed after getting warned a few times and disrespecting the moderators. It is their house and they make the rules. Hopefully he is out scrounging some silver and can come back with some good CRH posts and be a bit more civil without spewing that political drivel all over everyones post. Next time he should just start his own thread about it and everyone will know what is coming and avoid it. I did get a good chuckle from reading his post but can't say I'd be heading to the fall out shelter with him.
Maine_Jim
d2arcing said:maine_Jim said:Hey I can't believe this topic is still rolling.I left for the day...Obe will probably be back before this thread ends!
Can't see what the big deal is, he was out of line and got bammed after getting warned a few times and disrespecting the moderators. It is their house and they make the rules. Hopefully he is out scrounging some silver and can come back with some good CRH posts and be a bit more civil without spewing that political drivel all over everyones post. Next time he should just start his own thread about it and everyone will know what is coming and avoid it. I did get a good chuckle from reading his post but can't say I'd be heading to the fall out shelter with him.
Maine_Jim
he is still hunting... his usual 12 boxes a week btw him and wife. but not always both come, wife didnt get any this week.
do you know what ban means? a ban means forever... so no i don't think he will ever be back posting...
. While the motivation to hoard bullion may be based in certain economic (Austrian vs Keynesian) mindsets and that may align with a political party or movement, its not a 1-1 ration nor should it be assumed so. Discuss your motivation, and you enter dangerous territory. Discuss the coin itself, and you should be safe...and this is a Coin Discussion Board!gotgot said:don't post much & interact w/other members here. Just some thoughts to share. And if those thoughts get one banned, hey then, its cool, I can still read posts.
What I Have Learned On My Summer Vacation
1) What did the Supreme Court teach us recently? Money = speech.
Well the board has taught me that too...for $20 I can be a "Charter Member" and get to post on the Politics board. If I do not have 20 dollars, then I cannot ever post a thought that is political in nature (hence, getting banned for this post) to this community regardless of the board it is posted on. Does not matter my MD prowess, hunting experience, how little or much value my contributions add, for once you begin discussing politics without paying your up-front money, your contributions pale in contrast with the impact you now make on the community. - Luckily, my contributions are small lol
2) Coin hunting/collecting is apolitical in nature
Basically, the Mods are correct when they keep this board pristine from politics. After all, whatever your mindset is, the coin is the same, whether it was first spent by a repub or a dem - heck if we're really lucky, a Whig. While the motivation to hoard bullion may be based in certain economic (Austrian vs Keynesian) mindsets and that may align with a political party or movement, its not a 1-1 ration nor should it be assumed so. Discuss your motivation, and you enter dangerous territory. Discuss the coin itself, and you should be safe...and this is a Coin Discussion Board!
3) He who has the gold makes the rules
In essence, if you don't like the mods and how they run this site, go create your own. If there is good conversation there the audience will follow. Until then, quit your complaining about the mods and how they run things. Its their site, not yours, get over it or start your own.
4) It's not a community
While we always knew we were in a sense competing against one another for a limited amount of bullion still in circulation, there is an illusion by coming to one place, the individual actors form a community where thoughts and ideas can be shared. I think now its understood that while this is a meeting house, its from people that come from very different tribes and sharing the same hobby does not make one joint members of a community. At the end of the day, we return to the camps where our tribemates of similar mind inhabit. Its true for many other social gatherings too I am afraid.

apush said:Does anyone know what forum Mr. Obediah is on now?
apush![]()
