What's new

Missing Person

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Where is Obediah ? He's usually on here everyday.
Did he get booted off by the censors?
Anybody know ?
Rich
 
Upvote 0
AGCoinHunter said:
Well it was thanks to certain people who whined about him going off topic. I myself would rather just ignore someone than try to get them in trouble. Ignore works, thats what its there for so use it. I myself enjoy his unique view of things.
Then suggest he become a Charter Member and get his own Personal Page. That way you can become a true follower. He might even send you one of his white robes.
I'm sure he's not missed by those whose threads he hijacked.
 
Everyone has the option to ignore. Its quite simple. I think anyone who has been on this forum knows obe is a bit of a loon. But that was his personality and it helped to know his personality when you would read his actual CRHing informative posts and such. Dont get me wrong, several peoples posts aggravate me as well but I dont try to get someone banned because i have a differing opinion.

If he were spouting racial slurs or cursing is one thing because that is mostly offensive to all. I just hope someone didnt get him booted because they have a different opinion than him. If that is the case then he has proven his political views to me by someone feeling they have a right to take his freedom of speech because they dont agree with him.

I mean seriously. If this is how life worked id be able to put a piece of ductape across the mouth of half the people i meet.

Bring Obe back. Hes a valued member to this forum and color of his character added to the pleasure of being here.
 
the post from the moderator said final warning. now a final warning does not sound like a ban, even a temp one. oh well, i enjoyed his posts, even the off topic ones. maybe they will let him come back. he does find loads of silver and i enjoy his pics.
 
JD-GA said:
Everyone has the option to ignore. Its quite simple. I think anyone who has been on this forum knows obe is a bit of a loon. But that was his personality and it helped to know his personality when you would read his actual CRHing informative posts and such. Dont get me wrong, several peoples posts aggravate me as well but I dont try to get someone banned because i have a differing opinion.

If he were spouting racial slurs or cursing is one thing because that is mostly offensive to all. I just hope someone didnt get him booted because they have a different opinion than him. If that is the case then he has proven his political views to me by someone feeling they have a right to take his freedom of speech because they dont agree with him.

I mean seriously. If this is how life worked id be able to put a piece of ductape across the mouth of half the people i meet.

Bring Obe back. Hes a valued member to this forum and color of his character added to the pleasure of being here.

If you recall Obe's last posts were quotes from the Founding Fathers and their mention of God,the 10 Commandments,morality, etc.
Someone who never posted on coin roll hunting is offended and lodges a complaint. I find this very bizzare and wonder what the complainers agenda is.
Regular posters on this forum, enjoy, tolerate, and once in a while remind Obe to stay on topic,but never make a administrative complaint,as far as I know.
I myself have had posts deleted or edited due to complaints by one time visitors. They were not political in nature,but could be contrued as politically incorrect if one uses a twisted way of thinking.
I find this whole censorship thing very amusing and a sign of the interesting times we live in.
I don't always agree with some of Obe's comments,but I still enjoy listening to his opinion.
HH
Rich
 
I'm here quite a bit and I post here as well, albeit not as often as in other threads. As interested as I am in CRH, I respect boundaries and have chosen to not participate in the actual hunting since I know that pickings are getting very slim for your niche of the hobby. I learn things here too.
I'm not a lurker hence the Charter Member designation, and one of only two on this thread. I also will not hide from those who choose to level personal attacks. I'm here for the duration.
The post in question contains the words Final Warning which suggests to me that it's not his first rodeo. I have nothing against the guy, never have, and agree with many of his more sensible doctrines when presented in a thoughtful manner. We're on the same side of the political fence so to speak.
Coincrazed, it's not up to me and there's nothing that needs forgiving. I just try to respect the rules here, post where appropriate, and ask that others do the same.
 
GopherDaGold said:
I'm here quite a bit and I post here as well, albeit not as often as in other threads. As interested as I am in CRH, I respect boundaries and have chosen to not participate in the actual hunting since I know that pickings are getting very slim for your niche of the hobby. I learn things here too.
I'm not a lurker hence the Charter Member designation, and one of only two on this thread. I also will not hide from those who choose to level personal attacks. I'm here for the duration.
The post in question contains the words Final Warning which suggests to me that it's not his first rodeo. I have nothing against the guy, never have, and agree with many of his more sensible doctrines when presented in a thoughtful manner. We're on the same side of the political fence so to speak.
Coincrazed, it's not up to me and there's nothing that needs forgiving. I just try to respect the rules here, post where appropriate, and ask that others do the same.

While many of us are on the same side of the fence politically, I and many others here respect what differences we have with each other. You may be of the same feather as a majority of us, but I beg to differ on your level of tolerance for others. We each have our own, which when someone ticks you off I would much rather ignore that person than try to shut them down.

This quote from you I believe is uncalled for...

"Then suggest he become a Charter Member and get his own Personal Page. That way you can become a true follower. He might even send you one of his white robes."

Also, to me charter membership means you paid your $20 a year, whop-tee-do. Suggesting you are higher and mightier than others because you spent $20 shows the depths of your shallowness.

And that is all I have to say about that. This thread has already run on long enough...
 
The charter member mention was to snuff out the 'lurker' accusations. I have as much right to these threads as anyone else, or so I thought. I'm done here as well.
 
GopherDaGold said:
The charter member mention was to snuff out the 'lurker' accusations. I have as much right to these threads as anyone else, or so I thought. I'm done here as well.

Good !
Rich
 
The thread that broke the proverbial camel's back was about quarters. The thread has since been cleaned up with posts deleted. Obediah had a number of posts on that thread spewing his nonsense. Sad that after sanitizing the thread by moderators, only a single post by Obediah remained reminding a potential seller on eBay to factor in his 12% for fees. There was another post after that with the moderators removing the comment, but leaving the post with the Final Warning content. For someone who has such a plethora of knowledge for the hobby, why is that a single post out of many on a thread on quarters is the only one worthy of not being deleted?
 
GopherDaGold said:
The charter member mention was to snuff out the 'lurker' accusations. I have as much right to these threads as anyone else, or so I thought. I'm done here as well.

The charter member quote i believe was from much earlier when you were suggesting to others what they should do in becoming a charter member. That quote hardly sounded like you were trying to prove you werent a lurker. In fact it sounds very much like you believe that you know what is best for people("then i suggest he become a charter member and get his own personal page,"), and as though you like to demeen others status, ("That way you can become a true follower."), oh yeah and like you are reveling in his departure and poking fun at him as a person ("He might even send you one of his white robes.")

Quotes like that make you appear to believe that your poo dont stink and you have been voted king poo tester for everyone else. And only $20 for such an esteemed title and self value. Wish I had known that sooner. You are right though, you have the right to this thread like everyone else. Well except for people who you prefer doesnt have a right to these threads. Dont let the door hit ya on the way out. Or do. Whatever.
 
obe , although i disagreed with his views, has the right to free speech, and while annoying, should not have been banned for his political banter.

what i personally did not like about his posts is when someone would say they found something he always had to one up them and discuss a time when he found more. give the poster some glory man!!!

hh all

~phrosite.
 
phrostie said:
obe , although i disagreed with his views, has the right to free speech, and while annoying, should not have been banned for his political banter.

He has the right to free speech in the proper forum. TNet is privately owned and as such there are Terms of Use. If he wanted to discuss politics, then there is a Politics forum on TNet (one has to be a charter member to post) or he could go to any number of free forums and discuss politics all he wants. In the context of CRH'ing, politics has nothing to do with our hobby. He was warned, but continued. Hence, posting privileges should be revoked from those that can not abide by the Terms of Use.
 
Obe, Is one of the most colorful characters contributing to this forum - yes he probably
bent some rules , but I cannot believe the vindictive, small minded, haters that are spewing
their vitriol towards him. Moderators - slap him on the wrist , and please invite him back .
As for you stone throwers , life begins when you get one ! Argentium.
 
Diver_Down said:
phrostie said:
obe , although i disagreed with his views, has the right to free speech, and while annoying, should not have been banned for his political banter.

He has the right to free speech in the proper forum. TNet is privately owned and as such there are Terms of Use. If he wanted to discuss politics, then there is a Politics forum on TNet (one has to be a charter member to post) or he could go to any number of free forums and discuss politics all he wants. In the context of CRH'ing, politics has nothing to do with our hobby. He was warned, but continued. Hence, posting privileges should be revoked from those that can not abide by the Terms of Use.
One really does not have the right to free speech on a privately owned forum such as TNet. Heck as far as I know it could be owned by someone in North Korea where the concept of free speech is as foreign as jelly donut.
Politics ,art ,history,religion ,mythology, science,etc. can be relevent to CRHing, because we are talking about coins/money/collectables/treasure.
HH
Rich
 
I am with you Rich on this one. But in todays political environment would you expect anything different to happen when someone speaks so openly?? To the lurker that turned him in...The Truth Duth hurt sometimes. I for one did not mind his rants because they always came back on topic. Well...I better stop before I to get banned.

Golden Silver
 
Okay folks, time to calm down. I myself would like to keep this forum. I was reading the posting Obie did that day and he was WAYYYY out of line. Wasn't posting about the topic at all. I agree with his political views also, but there is a place for it. I imagine most of you didn't get to read any of it before it was deleted. If you don't know what he said then you should keep opinions to yourselves. I was going to keep quiet, but the discussion is getting worse and worse. His posts on that day sounded like he was a raving lunatic. Nothing personal against Obie, but he was out of line. Like has been said before, there is a forum for political discussion. He needs to take it there. Sorry if anyone is offended.
enamel7
 
i wish the powers that be would give him another chance. he is a silver hound that gets good scores and i enjoy seeing and hearing about his finds. on another note----if somene does post off topic and it upsets you all you have to do is scroll down and ignore it. everyone gets off topic every now and then. let him come back. i think he has learned his lesson.
 
I merely asked a question "How did a thread about quarters get turned into politics"? I enjoy Obe comments and quite honestly
share alot of his views, it really made me chuckle that a thread like that was turned into politics, and truth be told, I still
don't really know :icon_scratch: but could care less, with that said, I always thought as long as you were respectful, you could pretty much post what you want as long as it concerned the topic at hand. Guess Obe thought it did and the moderators differed in opinion.... :dontknow:

I hope he gets back in soon.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom