Missouri Clovis

rockman0_12

Sep 15, 2008
Missouri
I'm new to this forum so for my first post I would like to share my best personal find in over 30 years of surface collecting.
I found this Clovis on June 14th of this year and I'm still flying high off this one!! Enjoy the pics and thanks for looking.
IMG_3666.jpg

clovis1-1.jpg

Upvote 0
That's one of the most beautiful points I've ever seen. Great find!

archaeon said:
It would be cool to see some really well done, backlit pics of that gem.

Well here is the best I could come up with on backlit, not very good but will have to do for now.
IMG_3911.jpg

Here's a shot of the edgework, this old Mastadon Hunter was a bit of a perfectionist.
IMG_3913.jpg

Thanks again for all your comments, I'll keep looking and maybe find a litter mate.

Unbelievable!!! Love the striations and color of the stone. Thanks for sharing
that work of art.

T.

dollarzero said:
Cool! I'm diggin' the red ears! We both found a clovis around the same time too.
It's something hard to forget. Your's looks to have beat mine though.... :P

Post a pic of yours sometime Dollar, I see your avatar with the insitu but I can't get that picture any bigger to see it.
Looks like a river or creek find ? I found mine on a construction site, they had removed about 3 foot of dirt, got 5 inches
of rain the next day and it was just lying there screaming for me to pick it up !! Which I had no problem with ;D

Here's a cross section shot and I'm done posting pics of this one, thanks for looking everyone.
IMG_3912.jpg

The best I have seen! Thanks for sharing that. It gives me hope for a find like that someday ;D

luckyinkentucky said:
What's the material? I can't make it out. It almost looks like some types of Sonora that I've seen, but then again .... I've seen Harrison County Chert age that way also. :icon_scratch: Is it Novaculite?

It's Banded Jefferson City Chert. Most people from this area call it Mozarkite which is not entirely wrong. Mozarkite and Banded Jeff City come off the same formation of Cotter Dolomite.

Wow!....What a find!....That indeed is a find of a lifetime....maybe several....Congrats...that's incredible!

My wife is from the Show-me state....Jeff City.....again, that find is awesome!

Airborne80 said:
The best I have seen! Thanks for sharing that. It gives me hope for a find like that someday ;D

Thanks Aiborne, keep looking, when you least expect it there it will be! Don't pass up any bare ground, even in the city limits.

Tn Dirt Digger said:
Wow!....What a find!....That indeed is a find of a lifetime....maybe several....Congrats...that's incredible!

My wife is from the Show-me state....Jeff City.....again, that find is awesome!

Thanks Dirt Digger, you should bring your wife home in August, we have a good show near Jeff City mid August.

Rockman it's good to see you over here on this forum! :) That clovis is a KILLER, I remember when you first showed it, my jaw dropped :o :o Still drops when I see it. :o :o It's a beautiful point!

Very nice rockman welcome to the board.That is a swweeeeeet clovis thanks for the view

sweet i have never seen a clovis found on land we always find them in the river and i have only seen a hand full of them along with some suwannee points that is a once in a life time find man great job i am just amazed by it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back