ML Equinox update v2 is here

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, good luck with your update.

Actually, there are two update utilities. I think ML took the old one down that was used to update 1.5 to 1.75. But if you try to use the old utility that you may have downloaded from last time, you will not be able to upgrade to 2.1. The new utility allows you to upgrade to 2.1 or revert back to the older versions as you see fit.

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just did the update. Downloaded the utility, hooked up, clicked the go button. Took about 40 seconds. Done.

ruh-roh

Greenie
Mar 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I go to the update site and connect my Nox 800. My computer recognizes that there's a detector connected and tells me that there's an update available. I click on the update and things look OK, but then a message pops up that the update failed. I try again twice more -- same result. I disconnect the Nox from the computer and now it won't turn on at all -- nothing. When I connect it to the charger, the green light flashes quickly, not the slower "normal" flashing I'm used to seeing.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior and more importantly, does anyone have an idea how to fix it? I called and left a msg with ML yesterday, but have not heard back. TIA

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I go to the update site and connect my Nox 800. My computer recognizes that there's a detector connected and tells me that there's an update available. I click on the update and things look OK, but then a message pops up that the update failed. I try again twice more -- same result. I disconnect the Nox from the computer and now it won't turn on at all -- nothing. When I connect it to the charger, the green light flashes quickly, not the slower "normal" flashing I'm used to seeing.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior and more importantly, does anyone have an idea how to fix it? I called and left a msg with ML yesterday, but have not heard back. TIA

I'm a little confused. You said you connected your nox to the update site?

First make sure you downloaded the new updater program 2.0.1 (for Windows 10 or Mac OS as appropriate) not the old updater program 1.0.4 from this site: https://www.minelab.com/metal-detectors/equinox-800. The new updater program version downloads to your computer from the update site and then you run it from from your computer by double clicking it. Make sure your computer and operating system version (e.g., Windows 10) meet the requirements on the pdf instructions you can also download from the update download page too. These instructions walk you step by step through the process. I suggest attempting to run the update again. I believe the update app also has instructions on what to do if the update fails and puts you detector into the dormant state you are experiencing because it was disconnected early, so try running through it again to see if it can guide you on how to do that. Good luck.

ruh-roh

Greenie
Mar 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I tried multiple times to get the process to complete, I figured that one more try wouldn't hurt, so I took your suggestion, re-opened the app, reconnected the machine, and lo and behold -- IT WORKED! The progress bar counted up to 100% complete, told me I could disconnect, and things look fine. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I tried multiple times to get the process to complete, I figured that one more try wouldn't hurt, so I took your suggestion, re-opened the app, reconnected the machine, and lo and behold -- IT WORKED! The progress bar counted up to 100% complete, told me I could disconnect, and things look fine. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Great! So glad it worked out, nothing as scary as a device that won't turn on again because it failed a computer update. Let us know how it goes with the updated iron bias settings.

The new manual can be downloaded here: https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/408020/EQUINOX 600 800 Instruction Manual (EN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions