Moar River Gold!

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent yesterday playing in the river with my propointer and ATpro and found 5 bricked cell phones (one has an SD card we are going to return to the owner) a sterling ring, and this chonky gold ring. It's pretty crude which makes me think it may be from an amateur jeweler in South America. Its marked 14 (no k) and is obviously gold. I'll update with the weight when I can. First ring I've found with stones, goes to figure that it's ugly. Can anyone tell me what the opaque blue stones are?
PXL_20210807_234422663_2.jpg PXL_20210807_234355464.jpg

Upvote 18

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugly? I think it's cool looking. Better than a plain smooth band anyway.....:icon_thumleft:

gtsatohms

Nov 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either they are a low grade sapphire or sodalite. I don?t think they are lapis lazuli.

This is a very cool ring! Wish I had found it. Not ugly at all.

OP
OP
G

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: Its 16 grams! the heaviest ring I've found so far. It's appearance has really grown on me. I've actually taken to wearing it occasionally. I've never been into wearing rings (not really compatible with my job) but Something about having $500 on your hand is nice.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice !
I'd take the Ring to a local Jeweler - they will usually tell you what you have for free.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for my edification,what is a bricked cell phone?Never seen that usage before.Nice finds in total and a gold ring is never to be sneered at!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for my edification,what is a bricked cell phone?Never seen that usage before.Nice finds in total and a gold ring is never to be sneered at!

A cell phone that had flooded and swelled up with corrosion.

OP
OP
G

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Cuda has it right, lots of kayakers on the river bring their phones and drop them. They quickly become very expensive paper weights. I let the outfitter take a pic and post it to their social media to raise awareness. Remember kids, having a water proof phone doesn't do you any good if it's several feet down in a murky river! Also, make sure you have an email address or alternate phone number on your lock screen! If it works and I find it I can return it to you, but if it's locked and there's no way for me to find you there's nothing I can do.

happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions