What's new

Mojave Desert Ghost Town Finds

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,864
Reaction score
47,396
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little ghost town is easily accessible and pretty obvious so I really didn't expect to find much. I mainly wanted to get out and explore a little.
It was partly cloudy and 70'f, so perfect hunting weather.
This was a short-lived town from 1903-1908.
I rescued an old beer can,
a jar lid,
a pocket watch bezel,
two wheat cents (1947-s, 1948-s),
a couple of blank cartridges,
a .45 Colt shell,
a furniture caster,
a brass number plate,
some clothing fasteners,
a once-gold plated ring,
some kind of toggle switch thingy,
and a silver screw-back earring

IMG_8193.webp

IMG_8194.webp
IMG_8195.webp


The place is really trashy with lots of litter so it was pretty slow going and I only covered a small portion of the site.
I'll definitely be going back soon!
 
Upvote 33
Nicely done
Congratulations
 
This little ghost town is easily accessible and pretty obvious so I really didn't expect to find much. I mainly wanted to get out and explore a little.
It was partly cloudy and 70'f, so perfect hunting weather.
This was a short-lived town from 1903-1908.
I rescued an old beer can,
a jar lid,
a pocket watch bezel,
two wheat cents (1947-s, 1948-s),
a couple of blank cartridges,
a .45 Colt shell,
a furniture caster,
a brass number plate,
some clothing fasteners,
a once-gold plated ring,
some kind of toggle switch thingy,
and a silver screw-back earring

View attachment 2181878
View attachment 2181879View attachment 2181880

The place is really trashy with lots of litter so it was pretty slow going and I only covered a small portion of the site.
I'll definitely be going back soon!
you have some good finds. well done
 
NICE FINDS!!! You are lucky to find ghost towns :)
 
This little ghost town is easily accessible and pretty obvious so I really didn't expect to find much. I mainly wanted to get out and explore a little.
It was partly cloudy and 70'f, so perfect hunting weather.
This was a short-lived town from 1903-1908.
I rescued an old beer can,
a jar lid,
a pocket watch bezel,
two wheat cents (1947-s, 1948-s),
a couple of blank cartridges,
a .45 Colt shell,
a furniture caster,
a brass number plate,
some clothing fasteners,
a once-gold plated ring,
some kind of toggle switch thingy,
and a silver screw-back earring

View attachment 2181878
View attachment 2181879View attachment 2181880

The place is really trashy with lots of litter so it was pretty slow going and I only covered a small portion of the site.
I'll definitely be going back soon!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom