What's new

MONDAYS HUNT - GOLD & SILVER

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to one of my fav spots on the Cape that I did very good a few yrs ago
was told it was cleaned out by a few others that I had taken there in the past and they have gone back a few times since
supposedly without much success
I was begining to believe them after my first hour there - I had a couple of sinkers and just a few coins
at low tide I hit an area that has a deep hole and you need a mask and snorkel to hit - I got a signal that did not seem special - I scooped checked spot to make sure I had it and worked away
swinging not eager to check what I had - was surprised when I looked in finally and saw gold - was an old time signet 14k - my day was made
worked back to that spot and got a faint signal - dug down real deep and pulled crusty quarter - gave a rub and crust broke and I could see it was a sil. Wash.
little ways away I got a blit and scooped the worn sterling cub scout ring ...little farther away I was about chin deep and found the large silver band and then I got
surprised with the 1963 class ring - tide was starting back in. I got a hit and checked with my ID mode - I got a low tone and a high tone over the same signal
I scooped and saw clump of iron in my scoop - rechecked the spot thinking there might be another target - nope
plucked the iron object out of my scoop and dropped it in my pouch - when I got home - poured my stuff out - picked up the iron clump to see a coin sticking out of it - some of the rust had broken off
edge of coin is silver - I think its a dime - thing is though I want to know what it is - I want to leave as is - cause I think its cool
ajul21DSeC00004.webp
ajul21SCv00001.webp
D00001.webp
D00002.webp
 
Upvote 0
WTG Casper Congrats
 
I bet if you went back and hunted it again you would find even more goodies!

Congrats on the nice finds. No spot is ever hunted out 8-)
THE SINKERS ARE ABOUT THE ONLY THING THAT GETS REPLENISHED AT THIS SPOT
HAD 2 SINKERS - A NICKLE AND A PENNY AFTER THE FIRST 1 1/2 HRS
AFTER I HIT THE SMALL AREA - WHERE I GOT THE 2 GOLD AND 2 SILVER RINGS AND THE 2 SILVER COINS - WHICH WERE FOUND MAYBE WITHIN
A 1/2 HOUR OF EACH OTHER - I DID NOT GET MUCH AT ALL THE FOLLOWING 2 HRS - SPENT ABOUT 5 HRS OUT THERE
I WONT BE RUNNING BACK SOON - I NEED TO FIND ANOTHER OLD SPOT
 
Very nice finds Casper, great hunt.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 
Impressive finds, Casper! :hello2:

I love that signet ring!

Lorraine
 
NICE!..Congrats on the gold and silver...No Place is really hunted out, specially not a beach.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom