What's new

MONDAYS HUNT - GOLD & SILVER

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to one of my fav spots on the Cape that I did very good a few yrs ago
was told it was cleaned out by a few others that I had taken there in the past and they have gone back a few times since
supposedly without much success
I was begining to believe them after my first hour there - I had a couple of sinkers and just a few coins
at low tide I hit an area that has a deep hole and you need a mask and snorkel to hit - I got a signal that did not seem special - I scooped checked spot to make sure I had it and worked away
swinging not eager to check what I had - was surprised when I looked in finally and saw gold - was an old time signet 14k - my day was made
worked back to that spot and got a faint signal - dug down real deep and pulled crusty quarter - gave a rub and crust broke and I could see it was a sil. Wash.
little ways away I got a blit and scooped the worn sterling cub scout ring ...little farther away I was about chin deep and found the large silver band and then I got
surprised with the 1963 class ring - tide was starting back in. I got a hit and checked with my ID mode - I got a low tone and a high tone over the same signal
I scooped and saw clump of iron in my scoop - rechecked the spot thinking there might be another target - nope
plucked the iron object out of my scoop and dropped it in my pouch - when I got home - poured my stuff out - picked up the iron clump to see a coin sticking out of it - some of the rust had broken off
edge of coin is silver - I think its a dime - thing is though I want to know what it is - I want to leave as is - cause I think its cool
ajul21DSeC00004.webp
ajul21SCv00001.webp
D00001.webp
D00002.webp
 
Upvote 0
See what happens when you go back even though it's been worked! Very nice. Cool iron piece! :occasion14:
 
I just LOVE clumps of coins!!!:thumbsup:

cools finds!!
 
Nice Job Casper, as always - Thanks for sharing and I hope you can find the owner of that class ring. Nothing better then returning a lost valuable to someone. Good Luck!
 
Nice Job Casper, as always - Thanks for sharing and I hope you can find the owner of that class ring. Nothing better then returning a lost valuable to someone. Good Luck!
will try - always harder with womans ring - if she was married - or married multiple times
this person would be around 70 yrs too
 
It is not possible to clean out a beach! Let them believe that!
 
Hi Casper , this just shows that persistence can pay off , Congrats ! What machine are you using for water hunts, if I may ask?
 
Last edited:
Hi Casper , this just shows that persistence can pay off , Congrats ! What machine are you using for water hunts, if I may ask?

CZ 21 --I OWN 3 OF THEM - I LIKE THEM SO MUCH :headbang:
 
Nice finds that coin with the iron is pretty cool congrats
 
Nice finds as usual Casper.
 
Man thats a freakin good time. Dam I want to go hunt now.

sponge using smoke signals.
 
Love that old gold. Great stuff, Casper!
 
will try - always harder with womans ring - if she was married - or married multiple times
this person would be around 70 yrs too

If you can see the school and year, the local library usually has all the old yearbooks. If the initials are carved in the ring, you can match it up!!! Then it's off to the internet! Good luck!
 
If you can see the school and year, the local library usually has all the old yearbooks. If the initials are carved in the ring, you can match it up!!! Then it's off to the internet! Good luck!
been detecting since 1975 - have made many returns over the years
already found a site with the years alumni - 7 people have those initials - so will have to make some calls
 
cool finds no spot is ever hunted totally out thanks for sharing.
 
Very cool digs!! Good luck with the return.
 
That's it, Casper...I'm done! You've cleaned up...AGAIN! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Seriously, though, really nice finds. I never, ever believe folks when they tell me a spot is hunted out. I've always managed to find something.

I won't say keep up the great hunting 'cause I know you will!

Take care,
Anita
 
Congrats on a great hunt.
 
I bet if you went back and hunted it again you would find even more goodies!

Congrats on the nice finds. No spot is ever hunted out 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom