May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit my usual TS at lunch today and spied this necklace. It was pricey at $20 but it looked right! It took me a bit but I did find the 925 Mark. Can anyone help with the makers mark? It doesn't fit on my little scale but it's at least 114 g probably more. It definitely looks like a handmade designer piece. Can you say HEAVY!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443129965.514248.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443129980.221636.jpg

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit my usual TS at lunch today and spied this necklace. It was pricey at $20 but it looked right! It took me a bit but I did find the 925 Mark. Can anyone help with the makers mark? It doesn't fit on my little scale but it's at least 114 g probably more. It definitely looks like a handmade designer piece. Can you say HEAVY!

View attachment 1215200
View attachment 1215201

It is 114g which is 3.375 ozt.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's John Hardy, according to one site a kali pebble link necklace, but a very nice (and very valuable) piece regardless. I am SO JEALOUS as big gaudy silver like King Baby/Chrome Hearts/John Hardy/Bill Wall works are right at the top of my want list, congrats!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's John Hardy, according to one site a kali pebble link necklace, but a very nice (and very valuable) piece regardless. I am SO JEALOUS as big gaudy silver like King Baby/Chrome Hearts/John Hardy/Bill Wall works are right at the top of my want list, congrats!

Holy crap!!! You nailed it. John Hardy it is. This is AWESOME!!! Thank you for the ID Kali! The bracelet sold for $450 on eBay! Omg! Now comes the big question, did John Hardy name the collection after you?

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a super necklace! Congrats on that find!

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol JimDon, if only. I am still optimistic re: my chances of making a similar score someday, simply because huge pieces like this that are signed so discreetly are sometimes mistaken for costume jewelry by people who aren't in the know. I found a Konstantino bracelet on ebay for $20 or 30 that was missing a minor component but hesitated & lost.

Diggummup, I feel your pain. The last really good silver jewelry score I made in a TS was at a GW and it's been months since any of them around here carried jewelry.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol JimDon, if only. I am still optimistic re: my chances of making a similar score someday, simply because huge pieces like this that are signed so discreetly are sometimes mistaken for costume jewelry by people who aren't in the know. I found a Konstantino bracelet on ebay for $20 or 30 that was missing a minor component but hesitated & lost.

Diggummup, I feel your pain. The last really good silver jewelry score I made in a TS was at a GW and it's been months since any of them around here carried jewelry.

I now feel lucky considering all the silver in scoring lately. It has taken a lot of work and a good eye though. Thanks

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
And $450 is rather low IMO for such a large piece of John Hardy. I have sold MUCH smaller necklaces of his for $300.00 this year. So I think that hunk of silver will sell for higher than that! GREAT SCORE!

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to watch it, if your comfortable posting or PMing me the link. I live for scores like this.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to watch it, if your comfortable posting or PMing me the link. I live for scores like this.

I have a problem...I can't sell the good stuff. I am going to keep it for a rainy day

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't blame you honestly. If I found that necklace and could afford to hang on to it I would in a heartbeat! I will say that I have found quite a few "statement" pieces and decided to keep them after falling in love; most of those end up getting sold eventually after I realize they're not actually to my personal taste, or a couple of times because I found them too heavy to want to wear, lol.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm jealous, I never find silver at any thrift store unless it's grossly overpriced.

Its almost unbelievable. In every single thrift shop I frequent (I like to occasionally by old furniture) there is absolutely no way at all an item such as this will have made its way to the floor. No chance at all.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its almost unbelievable. In every single thrift shop I frequent (I like to occasionally by old furniture) there is absolutely no way at all an item such as this will have made its way to the floor. No chance at all.

Trust me they have 99% overpriced stuff. I just keep looking at least once a week and hope I get something they missed. I recently got two "silver" chains that turned out to be gold. But I also have a pile of misses too. I'll take a pic of their jewelry counter next time. It is massive at this one.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only found one John Hardy. It was a silver necklace with a 18K gold dragon on it. It cost $14.00 at a thrift store and sold it for $580. if I recall.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only found one John Hardy. It was a silver necklace with a 18K gold dragon on it. It cost $14.00 at a thrift store and sold it for $580. if I recall.
Nice find yourself. I never knew his stuff was so expensive.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find yourself. I never knew his stuff was so expensive.
I didn't either until I found the one I did, maybe 8 to 10 years ago now?. I've see only a few other pre-owned JH pieces for sale in antique shops, but the prices were to high to make anything on em. The silver and gold jewelry in the thrift stores around here is getting to be less and less. I suspect the sorters are more knowledgeable on what to look for then in the past. Still I don't lose focus on finding under price treasure in a thrift store. There are many other items worth more then gold and silver to be found in these places. It's so fun to go and see what that just may be?. Like a 36 dollar Buffalo head or a 5 dollar New England beat to hell antique glass paperweight I sold last month for 60 bucks. There are so many categories to look for in a Thrift store and I've learned even more on the variety of things by reading these post on this site. My problem of inventory control and having the tenacity to turn it all around and sell it all. Upside I guess is I have a large savings account of thrift store stuff. Lucky me huh?

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't either until I found the one I did, maybe 8 to 10 years ago now?. I've see only a few other pre-owned JH pieces for sale in antique shops, but the prices were to high to make anything on em. The silver and gold jewelry in the thrift stores around here is getting to be less and less. I suspect the sorters are more knowledgeable on what to look for then in the past. Still I don't lose focus on finding under price treasure in a thrift store. There are many other items worth more then gold and silver to be found in these places. It's so fun to go and see what that just may be?. Like a 36 dollar Buffalo head or a 5 dollar New England beat to hell antique glass paperweight I sold last month for 60 bucks. There are so many categories to look for in a Thrift store and I've learned even more on the variety of things by reading these post on this site. My problem of inventory control and having the tenacity to turn it all around and sell it all. Upside I guess is I have a large savings account of thrift store stuff. Lucky me huh?

You want to talk about ridiculous at and estate sale this past weekend they had a bicentennial half dollar for $15. They said it was in uncirculated condition and they looked it up online. Riiiiigggghhhht

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm jealous, I never find silver at any thrift store unless it's grossly overpriced.
It's gotten bad around the thrifts here also. Still I do come up with some when the marks are not in the normal place such as the bottoms or it was overlooked by being a foreign mark of some kind. Nothing like the good old days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread