AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back to my friends estate again and only hit one signal this time - seems to be on old shotgun shell?

Still plenty of glass and bottles around, the fat square bottle had a really neat little button inside - not metal so I thought maybe pearl or something?

One bottle seems to have come from Halifax N.S

bottles 001.JPG bottles 002.JPG bottles 003.JPG bottles 004.JPG bottles 005.JPG bottles 006.JPG bottles 007.JPG

Upvote 1

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been designing a probing rod for when I get permission to hunt on properties dated pre 1900. I think it would be fun to dig up old privies or find the trash dumps on the properties and see what treasures can be found. I've come to like the old bottles since joining T-Net. So those are some great finds.

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great! You're definitely on the right track. I md and dig privies, when we have enough people to dig I usually will stand around and wait for the dirt to be thrown out and detect it. Got some good coins and silver relics out of them. You can See some of my posts here if you like. Congratulations to you!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terrific bottles and yes,looks like either a pearl button or perhaps bone.e have a probe but haven't had the opportunity to dig a privy or trash pit,they're few and far between here it seems unless you have a place in the city to go.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice one, most bottles I've found have only contained green slime on the inside he-he !
They used to have some button factories out here that made them from the shells of some clam type (called abalone maybe forget the name for sure), I eyeballed one once in a field at a very old site.

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How could I test for either pearl, clam or similar? ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions