What's new

More Creek Finds - Help ID Please

BobGuy

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
331
Reaction score
830
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two more points today in almost the exact spot in the creek that I found two awesome points last week! For more, this is being on fire! :)

Below is the website that I have been using to try and ID my points. Here is my opinion on the ID but I appreciate any help..

Illinois Creek Finds
Left point - deep notch
Right point - rice shallow notch

http://www.projectilepoints.net/Search/Illinois_Notched.html#Corner

Thanks for your help!!
 

Attachments

  • image-1449993147.webp
    image-1449993147.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 175
  • image-1350463002.webp
    image-1350463002.webp
    86.8 KB · Views: 170
  • image-784964428.webp
    image-784964428.webp
    57.9 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 0
If all 4 came from the same area I have to ask is all the same age? If they are most likely that spot was the camp site at one time and the creek has shifted and is now washing them out for you. Be careful where you step, great finds
 
Here are the four points the. I found probably within 50 yards of each other. I think they were located on 4 consecutive rock bars. I think the other piece is a piece of pottery that was found quite a bit further down stream.
 

Attachments

  • image-339705321.webp
    image-339705321.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 154
While they are all nice, the kirk is super. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks! :)
 
Great creek! Terrific finds! Thanks for showing.
 
To me, the pictures show a few other things to investigate?
First pic, third of way over from bottom left?
I know it's a pic but there are many rocks there that would get my attention
 
Nice points, I can't help much with the point types from your area. Sounds like you have a real good area of creek to hunt. With that density of finds I would be tempted to scratch around those gravel bars with a potato rake to see what else might surface, or to at least change it up a little to maybe give the next storm a better chance of exposing more points. Only of course if that is something you could get away with, or be allowed to do in that area. HH
 
Here are the four points the. I found probably within 50 yards of each other. I think they were located on 4 consecutive rock bars. I think the other piece is a piece of pottery that was found quite a bit further down stream.
very nice!
 
Nice points, I can't help much with the point types from your area. Sounds like you have a real good area of creek to hunt. With that density of finds I would be tempted to scratch around those gravel bars with a potato rake to see what else might surface, or to at least change it up a little to maybe give the next storm a better chance of exposing more points. Only of course if that is something you could get away with, or be allowed to do in that area. HH

I have tried that before in a different section of the creek. I last about 10 minutes and lose my patience because I can't help but think I am more likely to find an exposed artifact on another bar. I'll try to practice patience and check that section out because it probably is likely that there are more covered up...
 
Looks like all cultures enjoyed a good local material. I think your creek is loaded. I have never seen creek hunts as good as the ones that come from your area/state.
 
Thanks! I have certainly had some good luck over the last few weeks! Well deserved I will add given the number of hours I put in every week! :)
 
I believe that's a Hardin or related point. Very nice find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom