What's new

More Dig Finds

catherine1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
1,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found some more artifacts today. The round rock with the hole seems to small to be a discoidal? However, I did find another pottery disc plus some descent knives. Thanks for the views.
 

Attachments

  • wild w 006.webp
    wild w 006.webp
    757.9 KB · Views: 171
  • wild w 007.webp
    wild w 007.webp
    738.1 KB · Views: 161
  • wild w 012.webp
    wild w 012.webp
    770.8 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
Got some good ones there. I am liking that round one with the hole in it. Wonder what it is? Dont think its a discoidal. Never seen one with a hole through it.
 
I have found broken discoidals at this site that had holes in the center, so I am sure they are out there. I thought it was natural, but after reviewing the pics you can see the scratches and the groove has been worked. Plus the edge has been smoothed. I found another one much larger. I will try to get a pic.
 
Last edited:
That round one looks like a spindle whorl. Part of a fire making set up.. used with a bow drill.. . Nice!
 
Last edited:
Spindle_Whorl_small.webp I don't think those were broken discoidals you found.
 
Last edited:
Here is the other larger one I found. No countersinking on the hole however. But all of my dig finds are in around a 2 acre plot. Both made of the same material.
 

Attachments

  • wild w 017.webp
    wild w 017.webp
    582.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
They come in some slightly different styles. I have one made of sandstone also.

ForumRunner_20130112_211945.webp



ForumRunner_20130112_212045.webp
 
Nice examples Gator.
 
Ahh..that was nothin ...nice find!
 
The best part is... I have never seen one posted since I've been a member... I posted mine for the first time earlier today.... then you pop up with multiple..LOL.
 
Hey Cat!! Nice hunt. It seems you have hit the jackpot. Your last couple of post have been phenomenal. Also, no collection is complete without a.... One of these!

image-374200895.webp
 
Lets see if we can get a Crispy Creme COA on these. LOL
 
Ha..good one. I'm not so sure about that last one...mabey its a French cruller.
 
Nice finds Catherine1 congrats...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom