More Joslyns,some other bullets and a bonUS

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Got to work early this morning and dug for an hour and half before work. Worked from 7 to 5 and then dug some more. I ended up with 17 Joslyn carbine bullets, 1 sharps, 4 .58 3ringers, 6 .44 sage pistol bullets, a tombac button and a cousin to the baby US boxplate I dug in that same spot almost 35 years ago. It's not pretty but I'll take it. I haven't had time to clean anything but here it is anyway. I put a penny beside the US plate so anyone who hasn't seen one can get an idea of the size. Oh yeah I dug the nipple protector today too.

Attachments

• airport bullets.jpg
    airport bullets.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 761
  • airport baby US.jpg
    airport baby US.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 789
Upvote 0

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes, VY, that's a pile of bullets! :hello2: It's sweet you're getting in there and saving them. :icon_thumright: I'd take that baby boxplate any day!

HH

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great haul VY!!! Those Joslyns are HTF. I have found a couple of those M & M #470 Joslyns at a local U.S. Cav. camp. I actually sent one to a friend in Chester, VA because he did not even have one in his extensive bullet collection and he was a veteran VA hunter AND dealer. WTG Bud, Quindy.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang Larry when you emailed me I had no clue, man what a haul the plate is awesome. You found more in that spot than 3 days of all day huntin here. pray for rain. :laughing7: makes me want to brave the poison ivy
Evan

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, that brings back memories.I just packed my detector in the truck and will be leaving in the morning. Save me something! :laughing7:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hah!!Right on,how many plates this year now??

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Thanks all. Yep I was glad to see that plate.
That's only 3 this year Kuger. :laughing7: Yeah quindy. You don't find those Joslyns often. I've actually dug quite a few but only dug them in a few spots. In a couple of the spots we found them mixed in with Smiths so we used to think they were variant of the smith
Gonehunting I don't worry about the poison as much as I do the ticks. I think those little suckers in there don't know what deet is. :laughing7:
fyrffytr Go ahead and unpack your truck. your to late I've already got it all ha ha
Well I get the rest of it in the morning anyway . :laughing7:

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice plate and led I would be at work before sunrise and not leave until sunset :icon_thumright:

Hutch

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool plate! :icon_thumright:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool take there my friend....like the Jos-ies :wink: :icon_thumleft:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't ask for more in a hunt. That's a GREAT grouping of relics! A baby U.S. is on my list--and a Joslyn is too. That is a scarce bullet to dig.

Well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread