More Joslyns,some other bullets and a bonUS

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Got to work early this morning and dug for an hour and half before work. Worked from 7 to 5 and then dug some more. I ended up with 17 Joslyn carbine bullets, 1 sharps, 4 .58 3ringers, 6 .44 sage pistol bullets, a tombac button and a cousin to the baby US boxplate I dug in that same spot almost 35 years ago. It's not pretty but I'll take it. I haven't had time to clean anything but here it is anyway. I put a penny beside the US plate so anyone who hasn't seen one can get an idea of the size. Oh yeah I dug the nipple protector today too.

Attachments

• airport bullets.jpg
    airport bullets.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 761
  • airport baby US.jpg
    airport baby US.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 789
Upvote 0
Holy smokes, VY, that's a pile of bullets! :hello2: It's sweet you're getting in there and saving them. :icon_thumright: I'd take that baby boxplate any day!

HH

Great haul VY!!! Those Joslyns are HTF. I have found a couple of those M & M #470 Joslyns at a local U.S. Cav. camp. I actually sent one to a friend in Chester, VA because he did not even have one in his extensive bullet collection and he was a veteran VA hunter AND dealer. WTG Bud, Quindy.

Dang Larry when you emailed me I had no clue, man what a haul the plate is awesome. You found more in that spot than 3 days of all day huntin here. pray for rain. :laughing7: makes me want to brave the poison ivy
Evan

Boy, that brings back memories.I just packed my detector in the truck and will be leaving in the morning. Save me something! :laughing7:

Hah!!Right on,how many plates this year now??

Thanks all. Yep I was glad to see that plate.
That's only 3 this year Kuger. :laughing7: Yeah quindy. You don't find those Joslyns often. I've actually dug quite a few but only dug them in a few spots. In a couple of the spots we found them mixed in with Smiths so we used to think they were variant of the smith
Gonehunting I don't worry about the poison as much as I do the ticks. I think those little suckers in there don't know what deet is. :laughing7:
fyrffytr Go ahead and unpack your truck. your to late I've already got it all ha ha
Well I get the rest of it in the morning anyway . :laughing7:

Nice plate and led I would be at work before sunrise and not leave until sunset :icon_thumright:

Hutch

Cool plate! :icon_thumright:

Cool take there my friend....like the Jos-ies :wink: :icon_thumleft:

Couldn't ask for more in a hunt. That's a GREAT grouping of relics! A baby U.S. is on my list--and a Joslyn is too. That is a scarce bullet to dig.

Well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back