What's new

More Of Todays Finds!

old digger

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
7,554
Reaction score
7,437
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Of Today's Finds!

Mrs. old digger and I were privileged to get out this afternoon, and we were quite fortunate to find an excellent assortment of finds.

The Mrs. found this beautiful unique Agate (black & white) thumb-scraper.


Folder # 3 004.webp "in-situ"


Folder # 3 009.webp


Folder # 3 010.webp Folder # 3 007.webp


I found this really nice red thumb-scraper.


Folder # 3 003.webp "in-situ"


Folder # 3 011.webp Folder # 3 012.webp


I believe that this was a halfted-knife. It doesn't have the finer workings, but the base somewhat resembles a Scotts-bluff. It is also quite thin.


Folder # 3 023.webp Folder # 3 022.webp


I also found these nice cores.


Folder # 3 005.webp



These were all found at a new area, and you can bet we will going back at a later time.
 

Attachments

  • Folder # 3 008.webp
    Folder # 3 008.webp
    348.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks now what type of lithic are the white ones in your frame?



The one that I just found is ''silicic'' sandstone, and the others consist of chalcedony, white chert, and agate.
 
ever find any porcellanite?


I think so. Do you have an example that I can compare with? If you do, could you share a photo of it along-side a piece of the silicaic-sandstone. Thanks!
 
I think so. Do you have an example that I can compare with? If you do, could you share a photo of it along-side a piece of the silicaic-sandstone. Thanks!



yup but i am so disorganized that i dunno if i could find them????
 
They call it "cold cream jar" here. Due to it looks like the old jar material. Im sure that is what you are talking about rite?
 
yup but i am so disorganized that i dunno if i could find them????



That's okay, no problem. I will check and see if I have any laying around.
 
They call it "cold cream jar" here. Due to it looks like the old jar material. I'm sure that is what you are talking about rite?

yup

there are several types but the one type that diggers or me might find in ND or MT would be the kind you are talking about...........
......and most likely is from northern wyoming around the areas where the bituminous coal beds are
 
Great in situ pic of the red thumb scraper. It really stands out like, well, a sore thumb.
 
Great looking finds old digger!
 
Great in situ pic of the red thumb scraper. It really stands out like, well, a sore thumb.



We were walking up a wash and we came to a Y, and I told the Mrs. to take the left and I would take the right. I didn't have to take two steps and there was the red thumb-scraper, but after the Mrs. took the left side and she only walked about fifteen feet and found the beautiful bi-colored agate scraper. When she found that scraper she let out a holler and other than her occasional nose blowing (allergies), I do not believe there were any deer or other critters within a couple miles.
 
you know i think that could very well be the porcellanite.....sure looks like it......



.....since we are not that far apart up here in the north country i thought i could hear her holler also on that day...........imo she was trying to holler in "the old way"....."the right way" for the AI people! hehe

i do think you have some porcellanite there......or maybe our friend 'mamabear' might call it agatized wood......i may be way off on this but just sayin it sure seems like it???
 
That thumbnail scraper is a beauty! Nice finds my friend!
 
I use to chase the women, lol
 
...my uncle used to tell me he wanted to die at 95...in bed....shot by a jealous husband....
 
:laughing9: Boy!!! I sure did get this off track!!! :laughing9:


...my uncle used to tell me he wanted to die at 95...in bed....shot by a jealous husband....


Hopefully "she" was a lot younger? :laughing9:
 
well i'll tell you..."she" told me once..."when i was younger I used to sell it, now that i am older i have to buy it back"....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom