What's new

More Of Todays Finds!

old digger

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
7,554
Reaction score
7,437
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Of Today's Finds!

Mrs. old digger and I were privileged to get out this afternoon, and we were quite fortunate to find an excellent assortment of finds.

The Mrs. found this beautiful unique Agate (black & white) thumb-scraper.


Folder # 3 004.webp "in-situ"


Folder # 3 009.webp


Folder # 3 010.webp Folder # 3 007.webp


I found this really nice red thumb-scraper.


Folder # 3 003.webp "in-situ"


Folder # 3 011.webp Folder # 3 012.webp


I believe that this was a halfted-knife. It doesn't have the finer workings, but the base somewhat resembles a Scotts-bluff. It is also quite thin.


Folder # 3 023.webp Folder # 3 022.webp


I also found these nice cores.


Folder # 3 005.webp



These were all found at a new area, and you can bet we will going back at a later time.
 

Attachments

  • Folder # 3 008.webp
    Folder # 3 008.webp
    348.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Upvote 0
i got me a similar agate piece in reds and yellows....just love that material.
 
Excellent Finds! All of them! Way to go digger!
 
Good stuff! I've always loved those scrapers. Hard to tell, but the red one looks like it also may have had a graver tip (at the bottom in pic7).
 
Those are some sweet finds Old Digger!!
 
Lots of pretty knappable stone in your area. Nice!
 
Heck ya you did find a good spot. With that red one sitting rite on top nobody must be looking in that area. Great finds
 
Good stuff! I've always loved those scrapers. Hard to tell, but the red one looks like it also may have had a graver tip (at the bottom in pic7).


Yes, it does have a little graver spur on edge.
 
Heck ya you did find a good spot. With that red one sitting rite on top nobody must be looking in that area. Great finds


As I said earlier it was a new area. We decided to search an area that was lower in elevation along a seasonal wash. We walked a good quarter mile from the vehicle, but all our finds were in one small area. At first I didn't think we were going to find anything.
 
Looks like that area will offer up some good ones!
 
That little thumb scraper is awesome. I bet the original owner had fun using that tool, causing jealousy among co-workers.
 
Those are some really awesome finds old digger & Mrs....and the pictures are super as well, nice job. :icon_thumright:
 
Excellent Finds! All of them! Way to go digger!



a BIG +1 ditto to that

that first scraper is one of the prettiest dang scrapers!! wow!

just gotta say that in your area there is a great variety of the most colorful and high quality lithic materials

jasper in all the colors and much agate, etc, etc.....way to go old diggers!

super cool you guys
 
That little thumb scraper is awesome. I bet the original owner had fun using that tool, causing jealousy among co-workers.



In our discussions we figured that whoever lost that scraper surely was heartbroken. But, to be found again brought excitement to a new owner many hundreds or even thousands of years later.
 
The Mrs. says thanks for all the kind words! :notworthy:
 
The Mrs. says thanks for all the kind words! :notworthy:

YW....... now how bout showing some of your frames for us to drool on? I don't ever remember you showing us any of your frames. I bet you have some nice artifacts for us to see.
 
Well, Okay! The point I found on Monday fits nicely into this frame of other points that we have found. Enjoy!


Folder # 3 004.webp

The small red tri-notch, and KRF point (below metal trade point) were found by the Mrs..
 
Last edited:
Nice stuff there Mr and MRS Digger... ;) I had to add my 2 cents- that 2-tone thumb scraper really is awesome. Thanks for sharing- and congrats to the Mrs. (and you too, of course)
Yakker
 
Thanks now what type of lithic are the white ones in your frame?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom