What's new

More rings from the water this morning including a WHOPPER!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
4,715
Reaction score
6,220
Golden Thread
6
Location
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
The tide was very favorable this morning and was running about 0.5 ft below normal which is unusual. My friend Reid and I couldn't pass up on that opportunity and were in the water by 6:00, just before the sun came up. I spent most of my time hunting areas that are normally too deep to access, but as I've discovered before, the finds in the outer reaches are usually few and far between. But I was able to recover a silver ring and a few coins while hunting in armpit deep water, and believe me they weren't easy recoveries. A bit later while hunting in another area that was totally devoid of signals, I was awakened by a strong overload signal. But my experience with my CZ-21 has taught me to dig all big hits as a couple times earlier this summer I've found a big ring or chain in my scoop when I thought it might just be a soda can. And it happened again - a huge and very heavy ring found its way into my scoop, and I was hoping it would be my largest gold ring ever. The inside was full of inscriptions including the husband and wife's first names, their wedding date, and unfortunately the manufacturer's name - Jim Tungsten. So much for gold (although it is 14kt plated), but it was still a great find in my book. The honker ring weighs in at 17.68 grams, which is more than 4 times the weight of a typical men's wedding band as shown below. It's also 25mm in diameter and 9mm wide. I found an almost identical one online that retails for $349 so that's not too shabby. Also found a 2nd silver ring with a row of stones along with a sterling earring. Other finds included 2 one dollar coins dug right next to each other- a Sacagawea, and an Andrew Jackson from the presidential series. The working Timex sports watch was a nice recovery too, and I plan to use that whenever hitting the water. Hope to get out to some different sites later this week.
 

Attachments

  • 080515a.webp
    080515a.webp
    109.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 080515b.webp
    080515b.webp
    121.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 080515c.webp
    080515c.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 080515d.webp
    080515d.webp
    137.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 080515e.webp
    080515e.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 080515f.webp
    080515f.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 080515g.webp
    080515g.webp
    8 KB · Views: 714
Last edited:
Upvote 48
Danggit Bill. I was hoping you were talking about a Burger King Whopper!

With cheese.


Nice finds bud.
 
Bill it looks like you are having your best beach season yet.
 
You are KILLING it. :)
 
Another heart stopping whopper! Nice Looking rings! Congrats!
Did you test the stones in the silver ring? I found a silver ring that had actual small diamonds in it. Check them out.

You must be part fish to hunt in arm pit deep water! Nice cool water sounds great right about this time of year.
 
Wow Bill, what a water year. That pile of rings is going to be impressive. Good luck the rest of the week.
 
Another heart stopping whopper! Nice Looking rings! Congrats!
Did you test the stones in the silver ring? I found a silver ring that had actual small diamonds in it. Check them out.

You must be part fish to hunt in arm pit deep water! Nice cool water sounds great right about this time of year.

Its more like bathwater out there with water temps in the low-to-mid 80s, and the jellyfish are everywhere. Having to cover my legs now, and was lucky I didn't get stung on my arms today.
 
Danggit Bill. I was hoping you were talking about a Burger King Whopper!

With cheese.


Nice finds bud.

Thanks a lot ... now im going to have to make a roadtrip to burger king . Lol I have a whopper craving now:laughing7:
 
Grrat that the tides were in your favor. I never water hunted, I can imagine it must be real hard to recover a target when the water is up to your armpits.
That ring must of been a heart stopper.
Nice to see you getting out.
George
 
Way to go buddy!
 
Very nice group of finds .
 
Congrats Bill. I bet that ring made you smile when you first saw it. that thing is HUGE. Best of luck to you!
 
Bummer it wasn't gold but it's still a great find. With the price of gold so high more people are buying those tungsten wedding bands. I lost two gold bands and a tungsten band.....it's a shame women don't lose theirs just as often!
 
Great finds, congrats. I actually love getting those "belltone" or overload readings too. More times than not I end up with a large ring or surface coins in my scoop. I hunt using increased sensitivity on my CZ21 and if the target is not buried or basically laying on the bottom I often get an overload tone.
 
Man Bill did that whopper of a ring dent the inside of your scoop banging around inside of it.? Great find.
 
Sweet! Congrats!
 
Good job on that slammer of a ring!, not too long before you're back out in the fields, but finds like these will do!
 
Holy Smokes! Those rings were probably used by Vino's cousins to weigh a body down! Those are a couple of big ones.
 
Great job Bill! That ring is sweet! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom