DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out a few days ago to another swimming hole while the lake is still down. I found my first silver that came out shiny from a lake bed. It is the mercury dime and it was about 5" deep in the solid packed granular slate bottom. The heart ring is sterling and it was black as coal when I found it. I feel like an idiot though. When I got to the lake I got my old shoes out of the bed of the truck and they were frozen solid. They were still wet from the last trip and the below freezing temperatures just made them hard as a rock. well, I beat them on the ground till I got them loose enough to put them on and I went at it, lol... It was spitting snow all day and the wind almost pushed me in the water a couple of times while I was hunting a steep bank in the slick mud. I also found the smallest pestle I ever saw. It is concave on both sides. I also found a crude scraper and a nearly whole arrowhead. I found a bunch of sinkers and lures too. I found an old Listerine bottle that must have been in a fire. It's melted and crooked but it's whole, lol... It was a rough day but worth it. I found the 36 Washington today in front of an old medical clinic and it was about 5" deep between some tree roots and I scratched it trying to get it out. Have a good one you all and good luck hunting!!!

DANGLANGLEY

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,454
  • Metal detector finds 2-19-08 001.JPG
    Metal detector finds 2-19-08 001.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,452
  • Metal detector finds 2-19-08 002.JPG
    Metal detector finds 2-19-08 002.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,453
  • Metal detector finds 2-19-08 003.JPG
    Metal detector finds 2-19-08 003.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,433
  • Metal detector finds 2-19-08 004.JPG
    Metal detector finds 2-19-08 004.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,443
  • Metal detector finds 2-19-08 011.JPG
    Metal detector finds 2-19-08 011.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,444
  • Metal detector finds 2-19-08 014.JPG
    Metal detector finds 2-19-08 014.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,426
  • Metal detector finds 2-19-08 017.JPG
    Metal detector finds 2-19-08 017.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,436
Upvote 0
Look at THAT! Great day! Man, you're a die-hard. Putting on frozen shoes to go do it again! ;D :o Take your vitamins! -Noodle

TXBLUZMAN said:
I'll give you 100 bucks for that buzz bait! Just kidding. Nice finds.

Sold to the highest bidder, lol....That buzz bait had a piece of fishing line on it that looked to be about 4 lb test, lol... It wasn't hooked on anything. it was laying right out in the soft mud.

Thanks for all the great comments. One of these days I'll wise up and put my shoes in the truck, lol...

DANGLANGLEY

That's very impressive Dang
Your keenness in the cold AND the finds.

You must have some rough bottom on those fishing grounds - or some big beasties there :o
for all the 'bust-offs' you found (curiosity of a fisha' man)

I'm aware of a couple or three swimming holes locally where I am keen to detect, but I need to check out the 'proprietary' of the sites. They will be culturally sensitive and so am I.

Cheers, Mike

Wow....what an array of finds......Silver, jewelry and relics all in the same spot! Sweet! Keep up the good work!

HH,
Moon

DL,your a hardcore hunter. Nice finds.. Love the area your in after my visit there last week. I would have to pull some of the coal from the river banks and make a fire. One thing that caught my eye was all the old homes that still stand out in the area. Not torn down just for the sake of it. HH

That's alot of lead Dang,too bad they weren't minieball's.Sound's like a fun place to dig with the variety of find's you have.Congrat's on the silver.....HH!!

Cool finds. I hope the silver was fair compensation for putting up with the weather (it would be for me!)

WTG,
SgtSki

Appricate your posts. Nice finds. hope you find many more.

Great finds there, what a mix. Your hard work paid off well WTG!
Glenn

I can't believe you!!! :D YOU hunted in FROZEN SHOES! :D Oh my goodness, Langley! I'm quite sure I would NOT be able to do that! :D Those are some super finds though! 8)

Congrats and STAY WARM!!!!! Nana :)

I think it's a great bunch of stuff, not that I'm going hunting until it's at least 35° out.

Whaddya want for that Detroit Tigers ring?

WTG on the silver. Some nice finds there. I wish I was able to get out. Ground frozen solid here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back