Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had my last hunt with Ironhorse today, so will be the Spring of 2016 before we're back at it. Nothing special but I was damn happy to get another shot, and hit some little fields I figured would have to wait until April. If the temps stay mild and my area opens up again by Christmas I'll have to take a walk, and I'm hopeful, but we'll see how it goes. The conder halfpenny is from Rochdale, Lancashire, and is my keeper for the day. (I like things I've not found before)

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 139
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 95
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 109
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 102
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 129
  • r6.jpg
    r6.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 14
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Nice token and cartwheel...do all cartwheels date 1797?..love that trigger guard as well.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IP,

Looking pretty decent weather wise in my area also....there's a nearby high school that will be closed next week for Christmas break not much age but might hit the front yard hoping for some modern silver or gold....since it's closing in the spring it'll probably get developed into condos and the site will be lost to detecting.

Regards + HH

Bill

Christmas and boxing day looking good... need a few days to lose the snow. We were an hour out of town today.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
IP and Ironhorse getting out real early on the way to a site...

When Hollywood makes a movie of our detecting exploits, Will Farrell IS going to portray me in the younger days, and Johnny Depp is thinking about the role of an older me, but he agrees I'm much better looking than he is!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds IP. This is your 3rd "last" hunt of the season, should I look for another this week? What is this piece?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1248978&d=1450568175

Yeah with a snow storm forecast and minus temps, you don't really to expect to get out again, and my area is actually still shot down for detecting right now. The only reason we got out is because we traveled an hour to where it was better. As for another swing it looks like possibly a window around the 25th or 26th. The temps. gradually improve before that, but it will take several days to make it decent. From what i can see I think I'll be out the 26th if nothing changes. Walking out today it's hard to believe it's going to warm up again because it is damn cold!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I like the trigger guard best. Another warm front coming, it's not over for you guys yet. Think positive and positive things will happen. And be careful of those trucks!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great way to go out IP. The copper trail has been good to you guys, and will be waiting for you after the thaw. Until then, I'm gonna try and take up some of the slack but it's been very tough going around here this season.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Patch. Maybe we won't have a winter this year eh?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I like the trigger guard best. Another warm front coming, it's not over for you guys yet. Think positive and positive things will happen. And be careful of those trucks!

Did you notice my broken coppers? I was going to post them as cut just to see what would happen. :laughing7:

Last night on our hour+ drive home we reminisced about the better days we had, and how some of our success was from locations we never would have expected.... and of course the truck thing came up. It still crosses my mind every now and again and like I told IH I think of it as a positive thing now because if you're having a bad day you know it could be a whole lot worse. Plus I said thank God we survive, otherwise I would not have made the banner. :)

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Patch. Maybe we won't have a winter this year eh?

My saying I'm finally done seems to be working, so that was my last hunt. :)

Last year I hunted Dec. 25th and 26th and hope to do that again, and the current forecast suggests I will likely be able to. Only once since 1999 has IH and myself been able to hunt into January, so it's unlikely, but possible.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt IP,
I would love to find one of them big penny's.
And congrats on the condor.
Has anyone found them over this side of the boarder?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt IP,
I would love to find one of them big penny's.
And congrats on the condor.
Has anyone found them over this side of the boarder?

You find plenty better than the big old British coppers, but I can see how you would like something different, as i wouldn't mind finding something like a nice early American Navy button.

Yes, Conder tokens can turn up there too, but just not as much as here. We had a lot of British settlement into the 1800s, and of course you guys created your own coins so there was no need or reason for Conder halfpennies to be there. That's sort of like early American coins here..... We have dug a few early 1800s American large cents, and only one from the 1700s... not many made it here.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You find plenty better than the big old British coppers, but I can see how you would like something different, as i wouldn't mind finding something like a nice early American Navy button.

Yes, Conder tokens can turn up there too, but just not as much as here. We had a lot of British settlement into the 1800s, and of course you guys created your own coins so there was no need or reason for Conder halfpennies to be there. That's sort of like early American coins here..... We have dug a few early 1800s American large cents, and only one from the 1700s... not many made it here.

Gotcha! Yes anything old and different is cool at list point..lol
Thanks for the info.
Oh by the way, I love your cut coppers!! Haha

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds

Trucks huh!
Fight fire with fire, I'm gonna get me a treasure truck! Then there'll be no worries
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450625244.989928.jpg

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha! Yes anything old and different is cool at list point..lol
Thanks for the info.
Oh by the way, I love your cut coppers!! Haha

I also like different, and you'd probably be surprised how much of the same stuff I've dug over and over again.

The cut coppers are from a George III Halfpenny, Denmark 1771 1 Skilling. Both of which I have already dug so no big deal. :)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you notice my broken coppers? I was going to post them as cut just to see what would happen. :laughing7:

Last night on our hour+ drive home we reminisced about the better days we had, and how some of our success was from locations we never would have expected.... and of course the truck thing came up. It still crosses my mind every now and again and like I told IH I think of it as a positive thing now because if you're having a bad day you know it could be a whole lot worse. Plus I said thank God we survive, otherwise I would not have made the banner. :)

I didn't notice, just noticed the good finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread