What's new

Motivation

vibes

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
2,093
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I'm heading to KY in a couple of weeks and just found out that my friend can't do the trip. I hate driving alone...especially 5-6 hours. The scenery is less than intriguing, ok, it's just flat and boring. That's the problem...I get SO bored and antsy.
I decided to record a motivational CD on metal detecting for my listening pleasure.
stuff like, I am the most powerful treasure huntress in the universe. Treasure comes to me easily. BE the treasure, etc...

anyone care to lend their coil swinging, dirt digging, treasure hunting wisdom(s)?
Thanks.
 
No offense intended . Driving is a privlege that requires due diligence and will require your full concentration if you are driving in a responsible and professional manner at all times .
If you find driving just an aggravation between where you are and where you wish to be perhaps you should hire alternative transportation .
That's a two and one half million mile with NO chargeable ,or preventable accidents ;or moving violations opinion of a truck driver that has helped fill altogether TOO many body bags with people that were bored and inattentive.
 
Thanks for your concern BUT I was being cheeky. Sorry it didn't come off that way.
 
vibes said:
Thanks for your concern BUT I was being cheeky. Sorry it didn't come off that way.

<grin!>

No worries Vibes......I recognized the friendly/casual tone in your post.

Not once did I think that in your 'antsy induced boredom' you'd be consumed with road rage and lay bloody carnage down the highway to Kentucky!
rambo-rambo-john-gun-smiley-emoticon-000137-large.gif
Machine_20Gun_20Smiley.gif


Music always helps.
Sirius Satellite Radio has a HUGE mix of music, sports, talk, religion, etc....
But ya gotta buy the system and a small service subscription.


-
 
vibes said:
Thanks for your concern BUT I was being cheeky. Sorry it didn't come off that way.
No apology necessary ;D I found that the XM radio was a great aid in making the miles disappear .
 
Thanks guys for your insight.
BUT, ya see, satelliteradio is a naughty word in my household. I'll stick to local radio no matter where I am in the world :thumbsup:

I thought,' now what *would* one put on their own motivational CD, just for treasuring hunting...like psyching yourself up for the big hunt.
Attitude of Treasure Gratitude, so to speak.

What would you name/title it? What would be your opening line?
 
vibes said:
Thanks guys for your insight.
BUT, ya see, satelliteradio is a naughty word in my household.

Satellite radio is 'verboten' in yer house but the interwebz ain't? 'splain me that!
<j/k><grin!>

-
 
Stop at one and a half hour intervals or thereabouts, get out and hit the local playground with your detector for half an hour. Then, while driving, play the soundtrack from all the Sergio Leone-themed movies. Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and The Ugly, etc...

When you get to the destination, you will be crazy enough to forget everything you know about MD'ing and just go nuts digging everything. Winner!
 
In that light ; take the 'little'roads that parallel your route using the 'big'road .
Many still have rest areas or pulloffs . Jump out and MD at one for a break every now and then . Adds to your travel time , but you never know what you might find .
 
Gary in Pennsylvania said:
vibes said:
Thanks guys for your insight.
BUT, ya see, satelliteradio is a naughty word in my household.

Satellite radio is 'verboten' in yer house but the interwebz ain't? 'splain me that!
<j/k><grin!>

-

Yep, some of us make a living working in radio:) And the web is a tool. In MY world, big difference.
 
How about kicking it off with "You're the Best--Around" from Karate Kid and finishing it up with "We Are The Champions" by Queen. 8)



-Buckles
 
vibes said:
Yep, some of us make a living working in radio:) And the web is a tool. In MY world, big difference.


Ahhhhhh! I see LOL!
That's really neat.
And I stand rightfully corrected!

-
 
-
[/quote]

Yep, some of us make a living working in radio:) And the web is a tool. In MY world, big difference.
[/quote]



Thats a tough business to be in now, no wonder you dont like the sirius-xm.
 
jeff741972 said:

Yep, some of us make a living working in radio:) And the web is a tool. In MY world, big difference.
[/quote]



Thats a tough business to be in now, no wonder you dont like the sirius-xm.
[/quote]

I am beyond grateful and thankful for my full-time gig as most have gone by the wayside due to Voice tracking.
Gary in Pennsylvania said:
Well Vibes......

I started a new thread to maybe get you started:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,221992.0.html



<grin!>


-
Got it and of course HAD to add my 2 clads worth:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom