Mountain Goat Trommel

most of the gold i have found actually floats..so a wetting agent is needed and classification needs to be very small

russau said:
its still a cleanup unit! anything big you should see it while your screening everything and get it then!

that is true......i wish i could find someone who Has used the unit to see how efficient it is.

Hey I saw your post.....the mountain goat trommel......is a slow SPOON FULL by SPOON FULL machine designed to clean cons....Honestly....I can pan more material faster than the overpriced machine can process....I was not satisfied with the results....I lost a lot of fine fine gold....a spiral wheel will do a better job when tuned right, The spiral wheel will process the same amount of material for less of an out of pocket cost as far as equipment pricing goes.... I sold my mt goat.....waist of time and money...
un-less u like feeding material in by the spoon full.....too much material will over load the machine....Machine is very heavy...make sure it is set up level on a solid table that will not tilt or sink in soft ground caused by the vibrations of this heavy unit....

that's my 2 cents worth...hope it helps....

db

I'm a big fan of the Mountain Goat Gold Trommel. It can eat almost anything and is light enough for even my son to carry. Mine has eaten up as much as 2 yards of placer gravel and spit out as little as 10 pounds of concentrates in around 8 hours.

This is a direct quote from their marketing website. Can you share some pics of your unit in operation and more info on your experience with it?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back