What's new

My 1000th post is a CFT KGIII (should be in todays finds..sorry)

hogge

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
3,825
Reaction score
1,528
Golden Thread
5
Location
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at this piece of $#!+. The only way I could ID this is to wet it down and look at it while it dried. Thought I would post anyways because I had an unexpected visitor on this hunt. This deer would NOT leave! I am a hunter, but this thing kind of made me nervous. It kept circling me. The pics were taken with my cell phone cam. She, litterally, got as close as 5 paces, or about 15 feet from me. I kept stomping the ground, throwing my hands in the air, and yelling at it, but it really had no effect. I thought either she can't see very good, or there was something wrong with her. So I lit up a smoke, and started snapping pics. I actually had my foot on the big rock you see while some of the closer pics were taken. My brother and sister, were wondering who I was talking to until they saw her. Pretty kool.
 

Attachments

  • jn21^001.webp
    jn21^001.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 260
  • jn21^002.webp
    jn21^002.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 250
  • MAPS Of Bershire County 004.webp
    MAPS Of Bershire County 004.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 314
  • MAPS Of Bershire County 005.webp
    MAPS Of Bershire County 005.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 302
  • MAPS Of Bershire County 003.webp
    MAPS Of Bershire County 003.webp
    57.2 KB · Views: 308
  • MAPS Of Bershire County 001.webp
    MAPS Of Bershire County 001.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 312
  • MAPS Of Bershire County 006.webp
    MAPS Of Bershire County 006.webp
    72.9 KB · Views: 285
Is it possible she had a fawn stowed (hidden) away somewhere near you, behind you or in the immediate area that you didn't see?
She'd stay near keep and eye on you and not leave if this is the case...

lol...naturally if you had been hunting, you can bet she wouldn't have even shown up
 
Upvote 0
Alchemy said:
Is it possible she had a fawn stowed (hidden) away somewhere near you, behind you or in the immediate area that you didn't see?
She'd stay near keep and eye on you and not leave if this is the case...

lol...naturally if you had been hunting, you can bet she wouldn't have even shown up
Very possible. Now that makes sense. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Yes, It's that time of year.That is what was going on. she was just trying to sidetrack you...Ahhh, a mothers love
Yep. She maybe had fawns. I took a pic of some spotted fawns yesterday. Ill try to post.
 
Upvote 0
Fawns but no mother in sight.
 

Attachments

  • fawns.webp
    fawns.webp
    142.8 KB · Views: 250
  • florida cattle.webp
    florida cattle.webp
    87.5 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0
Deer can be dangerous when protecting a fawn. I had one scare the ever living crap out of me while hiking alone years ago. She burst out with in feet of me stamped and made a horrible sound, I think a little pee got out. She then ran up a hill and watched me until her fawn got away from the area. it was cool, yet frightening.
 
Upvote 0
Ah that coin looks a lot like my one and only KG III.

I saw a deer and a tiny little fawn on the way to work today. They were out feeding in a grassy field. Must be the season.
 
Upvote 0
Too bad on the coin. That one had a rough time for sure. I had a doe walk right up on me several months ago while I was detecting. She let me pet her and she touched her nose to the cell phone as I was taking the pic, lol.
 

Attachments

  • doe4a.webp
    doe4a.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 188
  • doe2aa.webp
    doe2aa.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 192
  • doe2aa.webp
    doe2aa.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 197
  • doe4a.webp
    doe4a.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
Sorry about the condition of the coin (at least you have an ID on the old coin) and you'll find better ones.

At least you got some cool deer pics while recovering the KG III. Look at Plehbah's experience for his Wheat penny ;D
 
Upvote 0
I am wary of any wild animal that will approach a human in the woods. They are usually very sick, and I want no part of any prion/disease/bacteria that they are infected with.


-Buck
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom