What's new

My 12-12-12 birthday digs

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
287
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin T.X.
BlackFoot had to work so I went soloin yesterday...Found some cool stuff...

P1080098.jpg


This is the largest fossil I have ever found while diggin a midden.
P1080099.jpg


Found a sweet scraper.
P1080100.jpg

P1080101.jpg

P1080102.jpg


Now this one is a noodle scratcher for me......A flake point?
P1080103.jpg

P1080105.jpg

P1080106.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds Neo!!!...............................GTP(Chris)
 
Now this one is a noodle scratcher for me......A flake point?
P1080103.jpg



Neo - I believe you have a broken tip there. When we find points that have impact fractures, what you have is the piece that's broken off from the main basal portion of the point. Neat find.

Joe
 
Neogeo said:
BlackFoot had to work so I went soloin yesterday...Found some cool stuff...

This is the largest fossil I have ever found while diggin a midden.

Found a sweet scraper.

Now this one is a noodle scratcher for me......A flake point?

Happy birthday Neo! Today is my brother's. Nice finds. Even better, they are B-day finds!
 
Happy Birthday Neo!!! What a good day to be digging. That is a very large snail fossil. What is that flat flaked point behind it in the first picture? Happy Birthday:occasion18: ( I hate wearing that silly hat) hahaha Diggin your b-day digs.
 
Thanx for all the kind words and well wishes....I the the piece is the base of a knife.
 
I find those large snails all the time..Giant clams as well..But just never in a midden setting..I would like to think that they thought it was neat and brought it back,but more likely if came out of some of the limestone from the midden rock.
 
Thats what I want for my B-day also! Very nice finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom