What's new

My 1st nickel box

santafeboy

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
596
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
I just finished my 1st $100 box of nickels and found 1 1945 S, 2 1939s, 1 1940 and 10 other 40-50 era dates. Also found 7 2009 Ds ( I dont know if there worth anything but Im saving them ) They only had $100 in dimes but I found my 1st mercury of the year a 1926 and a 1964 D. Also the teller had $5.00 in halfs all clad but included 2 mint 2009 Ds
 
Upvote 0
Definitely keep the 2009 nickels. I have only found 1 so far.
HH
enamel7
 
I'm doing my first nickel box too today and I'm half way through it.. I got a corroded 1927 Buffalo Nickel which was what I was looking for. Too bad it's corroded. There was a worn 1939, 1948, 1951 nickels and no war-nickels yet as I'm half way into it. In looking at the rims, I don't think there was any war-nickels in my box.

I would keep an album and try to fill it. If you already have certain dates, try to upgrade with better condition ones that you find.

I don't find nickels as fun to do but probably because I haven't found much in my first box and it takes longer to do than dimes. A box of nickels is definitely heavier in weight than any of the other boxes in my opinion. Just carrying the thing was tough.
 
nice score! definitely keep t he 2009's i average about 1 per box, so u did really well on those! keep it up and hh!
 
In my experience doing nickels, its twice as easy to find a war nick than a 2009.
Its about as easy to find a dateless buffalo than a 2009.
People say the '09s don't have value yet, but based on my observations I save every one
 
Since the beginning of 2009, I haven't gotten 1 2009p or 2009d nickel yet, and that is in like 20 boxes!
 
Congrats on all of the finds. Keep up the good work on the nickles. Nickels are my favorite to hunt.
HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom