Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,, what can I say that hasn't already been said.
I enjoy TNet way more than watching some stupid TV
Vino, you are a major contributor to this forum.
I want to thank you for sharing your finds and experiences with us.
Best of luck in 2016

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible year you had.... but of all the pics, the group shot of the silvers is the one that almost made me shat myself.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing George! I had forgotten all the incredible things you had dug this year. I remember getting excited each time a picture text came to my phone or a new post showed up from you in today's finds... so seeing it all in one spot is just awesome man. You dig some of the nicest condition buttons possible. I didn't realize how large that 3 Einen Riches Thaller was. Its the size of a half dollar! Maybe when the kids get a bit older they will want to come with you and detect. That would be some really quality time sharing the discovery of saving history together... it's sort of like doing homework with them... they will excel in US History in school. haha

Can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for you. :thumbsup: Happy New Year!

Thanks Brad,
And yes that Thaller is the size of a half dollar but alot thinner.
Its been great getting to know you this year. And fun hunting with you.
You have inspired me to build my display case. And to like iron. .
Thanks for being there this year.
Happy new year, my it bring lots of relics..

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino, you had an excellent year, and now that you have a good dug collection with some great finds it's not a huge deal if you only add some here and there.... it will all add up over the next 20 or 30 or 40 years.

Thanks IP,
Its definitely a collection I want to keep adding to. Was even thinking of purchasing some military stuff to add. But would have to be dug.
Not a fan of shiny. .lol
Thanks for your input through the year..
George

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
George, the words you speak are all too familiar. The hunt, the finds, the cleaning, and the time it takes away from other things. I do agree it's a sport better suited for retirees and if not, people with a good work-life balance. I've struggled greatly with the exact thing but in the end found something that works for me - about 20 to 30 minutes, 3 days a week. Anywho, that's all besides the point....

What a year bud. I've been there when you've pulled a few of them finds and experienced the excitement first hand - albeit only few of the many up there. I can only (sort of)imagine the feeling of having a year filled with all of your stellar finds. Just amazing the research and detecting talent you bring to the sport.

Now I know we throw it back and forth in jest, but for 2015

YOU DA MAN!!!!

To many more!

Steve

Thanks Steve,
Its been a blast hunting with you and getting to know you this year!!
Yes I like Hessens..lol
Thanks to you my Thaler was not cut in 2..lol.
And I remember when I pulled out that cut 4 reale. We were like what is it??? It was a great year for us both..
Here's to 2016..

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing buddy! I told you it'd be an amazing season for you and it certainly was. The volume of incredible relics and coins is staggering. It's been fun to share it with you. As for balance in life....don't ask this guy lol. I've always sucked at that. I am easily addicted to things. Work, money, detecting....drinking in the past and well you know the rest

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an incredible year George. I always thought you must have one heck of a crew to be able to take off work so much:tongue3:. I am glad you have decided to step back and reorganize the priorities, both for your family's sake as well as the rest of us Pennsylvania hunters that would like to find something:laughing7:

Thanks Dave,
I do have great guys that work so much better without me around bothering them!! I come on the jobs and cause problems.. They tell me dont you have coins to go find..lol.
And thanks so much for your pics and videos of me..They always make me laugh.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks IP,
Its definitely a collection I want to keep adding to. Was even thinking of purchasing some military stuff to add. But would have to be dug.
Not a fan of shiny. .lol
Thanks for your input through the year..
George

Being someone who has owned many many times the relics and coins from buying as what I've found, I think the money would be better spent on reference books and other things to do with detecting. At least that's how I see it.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How great and genuine, to take this end of year opportunity-one that could easily have just been about your incredible year and generated gobs of well earned praise-and really make it about family and your commitment to a greater balance with this hobby. All these objects would be meaningless, or at least just cold comfort, without relationships. Thanks for the very personal reminder.

I hope you have a new year filled with all the different types of treasures...especially the ones no amount of money can buy

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great variety of finds you have there! Everything from a gold coin to that great buckle. Great year for sure, and the dedication you put into all your posts is top notch. Good luck in 2016!

Jordan

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah buddy, preaching to the choir; I won't try to kid you, it's kind of tough when you try to juggle priorities.
I've been on that road and sailed through the smooth places and took the damage on the rough patches.

Having said that, balance and choices rule. I work hard when I have to, love the important people in my life more than ever, and detect like mofo when ever the time is right!

The roll you have had and will no doubt continue was and is an amazing one !
Some of the best this site has seen!
Well done and congratulations on your past and future hunts!

Ps Tell your family your family you love them more than detecting, besides, if it wasn't for them none of the rest would have been possible.

Thanks IH,
This year was set on passion and determination. Like IP said I have enough of a collection now to be proud of. Just going to add things here and there. So this year will be much more moderate.
When I get out I will be focused on only a few things. Like a nice rev war button. That would make my year in it self..
I thank you for your always kind words. And here's to the new year!!
Oh, and if you ever find them pics of the other great years you had would love to see them.
George

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are amazing George, it's a wonder you can still walk with that horseshoe stuck up your arse.
What a year for old silvers and BIG silvers for you, not to mention GOLD! ha lol, Congrats Buddy!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks IH,
This year was set on passion and determination. Like IP said I have enough of a collection now to be proud of. Just going to add things here and there. So this year will be much more moderate.
When I get out I will be focused on only a few things. Like a nice rev war button. That would make my year in it self..
I thank you for your always kind words. And here's to the new year!!
Oh, and if you ever find them pics of the other great years you had would love to see them.
George

Go out there and find a pile of Rev War stuff and get it over with! lol

As promised, I will send those pics

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow. What an inspiration to everyone... That's all I'm gonna say. Congratulations Vino on an incredible run.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Lord what a pile of finds! Bravo, Vino!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the awesome year George, you have become one of the Tnet elite and a celebrity to many of us. I am going through the same dilemma as you, I spend way too much time in the pursuit of this hobby and need to balance my life out a little more. I have cut down on evening hunts during the warmer months. I used to hunt 4 to 5 evenings as well as every weekend day in 2014. This year I cut back on the evenings to about 1 a week, but still hunted almost every weekend day. Between all the research, detecting time, reading everyone else's posts, commenting on Tnet threads, and then taking pics to post for my finds, my day is shot. Thank God all my kids are grown and out of the house pursuing their lives. As you can see I am using work time to catch up on posts. I think we have hit that Plateau that most non-retired MDers hit. We are so passionate that we devote way too much time to this hobby. Every time we find an awesome piece, it feeds the fire and we continue to invest more hours in our pursuit of this hobby. I hope to see your future posts and wish the best for you and your family.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the awesome year George, you have become one of the Tnet elite and a celebrity to many of us. I am going through the same dilemma as you, I spend way too much time in the pursuit of this hobby and need to balance my life out a little more. I have cut down on evening hunts during the warmer months. I used to hunt 4 to 5 evenings as well as every weekend day in 2014. This year I cut back on the evenings to about 1 a week, but still hunted almost every weekend day. Between all the research, detecting time, reading everyone else's posts, commenting on Tnet threads, and then taking pics to post for my finds, my day is shot. Thank God all my kids are grown and out of the house pursuing their lives. As you can see I am using work time to catch up on posts. I think we have hit that Plateau that most non-retired MDers hit. We are so passionate that we devote way too much time to this hobby. Every time we find an awesome piece, it feeds the fire and we continue to invest more hours in our pursuit of this hobby. I hope to see your future posts and wish the best for you and your family.

Thanks alot LD,
You do understand.!!
This year is definitely more moderation. I wouldn't feel as guilty.
I almost have to sneek at home to post and return posts..lol.
Thanks for all your kind words through out the year. I hope this year brings you lots of surprises. .
George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread