ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This year was an interesting year as I found some things that are completely unique. No guns, no bombs, no unusual toys this year but none the less I had a good year. My best find was 11,400.00 in cash but lets talk about that later.

My year started in Utah as I was visiting my daughters from November - April. Not a whole lot of interesting finds but 310.00 in clad quarters and other change. You might recall me finding a park with a sign in it:

I posted it on here wondering why you couldn't detect on Wed. Someone figured out that the O was taken from ALLOWED. Certainly wasn't me. So I went on a quest and got permission after I showed them my recovery technique with a screwdriver. That got me the green light to pilfer coins out of the park. There was so many I mainly cherry picked quarters.

After Utah I came back to Michigan to put my boat back in the water and play in the big lakes. I did hit the Detroit river a few times but I really got tired of the weeds. The police boat was out there 4 times this year but i never got bothered again since I won in court last fall. It is illegal to dive in the Detroit river but it is legal for me. My best finds were in lake St Clair this year and I really enjoyed the 59.60 gram 14K monster chain. Only 25 pieces of gold this year compared to 53 last year but some quality pieces were snagged. Total gold was 213.57 grams. My favorite find is the blue star sapphire ring though.

I did find over 500.00 in clad and a bit of silver. However since I didn't hunt in many old spots this summer i didn't come close to the silver I got last summer. 307 coins including 23 halves. 18 were walkers. This is from memory. The silver this year is 16 quarters, 39 dimes and two nickles, a few rings, a bracelet and some pendants. Any gold in the silver is plated silver.

In Sept my neighbor across the street died. He was a hoarder and a miser. He told his grandson who got the house to go through everything with a fine tooth comb as he hid money everywhere. Well they didn't. They were looking for money but tossing everything away as fast as they could. They also gave my neighbor and I permission to take anything we wanted out of the dumpster. Well we did and had fun. I cam across plastic bags with 5's and 10's in them. A pill bottle with 4 10's and 4 20's rolled up, a travel binder with an envelope of 900.00 inside, almost all the shirts they tossed had envelopes of cash in them and the largest amount was a pillow case with envelopes of cash totaling 9400.00. Mostly 100's and 50's but a few hundred in 20's

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see your Post Robert I'm glad you won that court nonsense Ive always loved your posts from helping people find things in the water to all your gold and silver scuba finds to your Utah excursion. Ive always wanted to do scuba some day I will. I remember you finding all that cash holy moly how could they miss all that.And the boat anchor you almost found . You are the master ring finder in that Detroit river I cant wait to see your year to date pics. Thanks for sharing them with us,, Happy New Year. Tommy

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story! Glad it has paid off. I figured law enforcement would get back to crime fighting.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif
OUTSTANDING ScubaDetector!

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super finds... I use to work for a company that demolished homes... amazing what you can find, that people left behind or didn't really look thru... I always wanted to scuba... I land detect 99 percent... but, anything near water is where the jewelry is.... Pools, Lakes, the Beach... I love to detect, but, I'm 3 hours from any beach.. lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Might not of been as good as other seasons as you claimed but it sure was up there in the totals. What a great bonus with doing the dumpster diving a dream find/recovery for sure. Congrats on that and your season, hope that your 2018 will bring warm, clear, calm waters, and the finds are plentiful.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, hey if they're too lazy to search why let it go to waste! Awesome year and write up.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great year in the water and even better in the dumpster! :notworthy:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some incredible scores. It just illustrates how much treasure ends up in the dumps.
Congratulations on your finds

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, just Wow! Your hard work has paid off dearly, congrats on a great year.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on yet another great year Scuba :occasion14: Awesome scores, looks like you can fill another treasure chest with this years finds. :notworthy:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's a lot of finds!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super collection of very cool treasures. Scuba hunting must be a rush or down right scary some times. Great year and even better is 2018. :headbang:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome year I m bored and loving going over all these 2017 finds Awesome post

Winchester416

Feb 18, 2022
The right thing to do would of been to give this money to the family... At least split it with them...

I’m noticing a trend...

Quite a few treasure hunters aren’t ethical...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread