What's new

My best artifact display

CoinFetcher

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
3,304
Golden Thread
1
Location
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me what you think. I'm looking for critics here, I'm thinking these are tooled.

These have all been beach finds in the puget sound. So, quite a few are heavily tumbled.

Last pic is just nice beach jasper and agate found alongside.

Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • image-1695561236.webp
    image-1695561236.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 125
  • image-588912806.webp
    image-588912806.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 138
  • image-2696358787.webp
    image-2696358787.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 119
  • image-2081295820.webp
    image-2081295820.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 119
  • image-3369522333.webp
    image-3369522333.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0
With two more that I had to include
 

Attachments

  • image-3649685353.webp
    image-3649685353.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image-2048093615.webp
    image-2048093615.webp
    23 KB · Views: 104
Some look worked to me but I dont find artifacts on the beach so I wouldnt be a good person to know. You got some nice colors in that mix.
 
let's see that red one in the bottom left corner of the first picture...all angles...and close
 
There are 2-3 pcs in that group that are possibilities. Unclemac is dead on, the red one in the lower left corner is 100% for real
 
No doubt that some in the bottom pics have been worked by man. I am surprised you have not found some whole ones. Somebody may be beating you to them?
 
You do have some worked stone, and you have some stone to die for.:notworthy: If you want to get rid of those old rocks just PM me ha ha!! :laughing7:
 
No doubt that some in the bottom pics have been worked by man. I am surprised you have not found some whole ones. Somebody may be beating you to them?

My little red one is the pretty good. I'll snag you all more pics from more angles.

My Large Orange piece is the latest and greatest. It's nearly complete, I'll get a 360 view of it to show off!

People do beach comb, but I think the pieces are incomplete because of the waves, and the fact the beach gets hammered. Also, some months, certain areas will produce lots of agate, and jasper, and worked bits - and then it shuts off - nothing for months. Other areas start showing agate, jasper, and the like, ect. No beach remains the same for long.

My Best find was probibly a 14K gold ring I eyeballed in the sand!

Here are a couple complete pieces from my hunting partner - All from the same general area - Complete pieces do get found - just not by me!

red.webpagate.webpring.webp
 
Those are called Gem Quality points. They are the ones everyone wants to find, eye candy.
 
the red one is a "Walulla", one of the more common points and one of the youngest...200 to 1000 BP. The middle one is most likely a "Cascade"...pretty old at up to 9000 BP. that little gem in your hand could be a "Spedis"..also in the 9000 year range...but it is unusual. Nice stuff!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom