What's new

MY BUDDY FOUND A 1795 FLOWING HAIR DOLLAR

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
1,284
Reaction score
859
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to share this with you guys.

I honestly tried to make him set up an account, but he has no time for forums. He told me to share this with you guys, and he's hoping for a rough grading. Please and thank you!

The gent that found this coin, is a hard working man. He doesn't have a lot of time for detecting. He loves the hobby, but times are tough in my part of Canada. A guy has to work, even if it means going through terrible back pain on a daily basis, without the use of painkillers. He's a family man, and a good one at that. I hope that down the road, he can find some time for what he loves, detecting.

I'm beyond ecstatic for him. It couldn't go to a more deserving man. :icon_thumright:
-------

He found this beauty not far from the Saint John river, in the woods (AT Pro). It was near an old trail, and when he first hit it, it sounded like a soda can. Shallow and big. He walked right past it, as there was a few beer cans around. But after finding a few early 1900's coins, he thought to himself, I better go back and dig that. Boy, is he ever glad that he did. :)



2m6mo7q.jpg


2n8wp3.jpg


335e35u.jpg


90y8tl.jpg



Happy hunting.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 94
............
 
Last edited:
D. sent me the pics. of his great find right after he found it. Awesome find for sure
 
Last edited:
I really liked the story behind the find and it sounds like it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I would have loved to have been there to see a coin like that come out of the ground. Congrats to your friend. :occasion14:
 
I dont have anything to say that you havent already heard, but i have got to say Congratulations on that one. That is a coin that i would never ever have thought to possibly dig at all.... Just totally incredible, and im glad to see such a nice condition too, not beat, worn, scratched or holed...
Thanks for posting it, thank your buddy for having you post it, and thank the other guy for letting it there for your buddy to find!! :thumbsup::notworthy::headbang::occasion14:
 
Tell your friend he will never, ever again have a chance to make 400,000 % (yes 400,000 % $1 + 400,000% = $4001) on something that has a face value of $1. These are undisputed mathematical facts. Sell all day long and tell him congrats!
 
To say OMG is an understatement. Wow!
 
Stunning recovery! A find like that is one that you keep rewinding in your thoughts; the lucky finder will be reliving the thrill of discovery with the memory of that awesome find for weeks to come. :rolleyes:
 
Wow

Thats a holy grail find.
 
Every hunt is going to be "The Hunt", the next plug you dig might be "it". That's what motivates me. "it" could mean a key date or a silver rosie, but it's an enjoyable feeling. That is an amazing coin. I'd have to get on blood pressure pills If I dug one of those. I'd be so stoked, you couldn't remove my smile, even if you wanted to. :goldtrophy:

Yeah what he said and maybe nitro under my overworked tongue!
 
I held it in my hand and it was awesome! The rim was very cool. Here's some pics of it. It says "Hundred Cents, One Dollar or Unit", along with some strange markings.

I had a quick two hour hunt with him in the area yesterday... No big silver luck for me! I did find a little tombac button, a British one penny and a 1938 dime.

2rmazhv.jpg


2qixyww.jpg


ml3soz.jpg


2w3vvvm.jpg
 
That coin is cool as hell! Thanks Gio
 
I've dug an 8 reale at my 1700's fort site nearby and that was exciting, I can't imagine if I had dug an American marked coin from the 1700's, especially a silver dollar. One of the elusive finds on my wish list. Super find and I've already voted banner on this one.
 
I've dug an 8 reale at my 1700's fort site nearby and that was exciting, I can't imagine if I had dug an American marked coin from the 1700's, especially a silver dollar. One of the elusive finds on my wish list. Super find and I've already voted banner on this one.
Sorry, coin doesn't qualify for banner, coin wasn't found by a current TN member..
 
thanks for posting picks of the rim ... that coin is in really great shape ...never seen a coin of that age with rim picks ... learn something everyday on here regarding old coins & atryfacts .....
 
My God what an incredible coin. Wow.
 
I've enjoyed every one of the posts to this thread. Congratulations to the finder, and best wishes that he can soon spend more time with a metal detector in hand.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom