My "extreme" views

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well after reading some Forums and feeling my blood boil, I've decided to make this post and state my feelings. I'm very curious to see how many agree and how many don't. I do live in WA State btw, so be prepared for some hippie views. Without further ado, my listish format:
What drives me crazy:
Fat parents with fat kids.
Anybody that thinks the hardcore drugs they did for years has no lasting affect.
People that play the victim, especially men.
People that refuse to take responsibility for ANYTHING.
People that can't take ANY form of criticism, you know the type. They will IMMEDIATELY raise their voice and spark back with things they think are wrong with you without even acknowledging what you said.
Pregnant woman who smoke or drink.
People of Welfare that are FREAKING OUT about the new drug testing law about to be enacted. We all know, you're so busted.
Ungrateful folk out there, always thinking they should have gotten more even if they get something for free!
Cable T.V. If you don't only have Hulu Plus/Netflix/Crackle, what are you even doing anymore with your money?
Folks who ask questions even before attempting things themselves(on most things, not big equipment of course)
Murderers and Child Rapists. Please PLEASE Mr. Gov't, it's time to act like Texas in this matter and PEACE THEM OUT.
People who have a hard time telling other people good job or that they are proud of them.
People living in denial about their life that refuse to admit they made a mistake.
ANY MAN who blames the female for "getting pregnant." I'm sorry guys, but if your ready to have sex, your ready to parent a child. That's the plain and simple.
The Mormons who think they are better than everyone else out there. Only that type of Mormon, most I enjoy.
People that can't feel happy or good when they help someone out simply because they didn't get anything out of it.
FAST FOOD. GAGH FAST FOOD!!!! Seriously!!! Why are they still open? Why are parents buying their children happy meals everyday!? Get rid of that CRAP.
Men who don't ackowledge how wonderful and REQUIRED women are. There are many things my girl does better than me and you bet your ass I make her feel good about it.
Parents who are still letting there 20/30 something yr old live at home. Get off your PS3 and XBox 360, go find a job and stop living off your parents!!!
The parents who REFUSE to spank there child. The "time out" parent that sets there kid off to the side SCREAMING and going PSYCHO. "Ok now I'm gonna count to 3. One.......two.....two.....c'mon jimmy.....two....two...." Can't you see no one in the family is happy with you when you come over for family dinner? Can't you tell we all want to slap you and they spank your child's whiney butt? KIDS DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER when they are real young. I love that they'd rather scream and curse at their child rather then spanking them NO MORE then twice, so f'd up.
FAST FOOD, PRESERVATIVES, NITRATES, FOLKS WHO ARE OBLIVIOUS TO ALL THERE NEGATIVE EFFECTS. Don't think this food doesn't mess you and your child up. Your 6yr old shouldn't have Pamela Anderson boobs.
Romney supporters.

If you're fat and your child's fat, that's child abuse.
If you let your toddler child watch the movies you watch, that's child abuse.
If you purchase Call of Duty or Modern Warfare or any of that "LETS MAKE IT LOOK LIKE REAL PEOPLE KILLING" CRAP for your underage son or daughter, that's child abuse.
If you don't think constantly watching Smut online can cause a mental illness/disease, your just a fool.

Why are drug/high vehicle homicide people only getting one or two years? Why can someone kill someone and only get 4yrs? We may see that they've been sentanced for longer, but if you don't know what an Early Release Date is, well...you don't know about the prison system.

Something that I think about often, something that I get a good chuckle over. Imagine if McD's closed overnight? Imagine the riots that would happen? Imagine the pathetic interviews on TV with people saying they won't know what to do. Did you all know that in Kentucky last year, a McD's ran out of McRibs and people rioted and went psycho on the store?

We need to hold more people accountable. No more of this Insane Plea Crap. If they are insane then why are they still here? Oh wait, let's lock them up, cause more damage, charge the tax payers 40K per head A YEAR and call it a justice system. But they just forgot to take their meds that day.....they were raised wrong......they blah blah blah. I don't care if you were raised in a house of horror, hurting people is wrong whether that's how you were raised or not. Our bodies TELL US it's wrong regardless of what our upbringing might have included. I got beat when I was younger, I'm sure many of you did, but I didn't grow up that way and don't emulate my prior pain.

I wish I could plug Pink Floyd and The Beatles directly into everybodys minds. Neil Young as well. "Wish you were here" to "come together" for our "heart of gold."

Sorry if I upset any of you. It makes me SO mad to see people just HEATED about all this gun crap, yet we can't even get close to figuring out the basics. If we loved our brothers and sisters enough we wouldn't have to buy a gun out of fear/for protection. I seriously do love you all and wish I could share a drink/smoke/conversation with each of you in person. I value each and every opinion regardless if it matches mine or not.

I need to go chill WA State style,
Link

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Link for Pres.

I agree with that rant.

Here are two more, There are winners and losers in life. Keep score at your child's baseball game, so he can learn how to lose, and that winning is better than losing.

When you take your child to a restaurant, order for them until they are at least 8 or 9. No more of this " what do you want to eat" crap......They are 4!! You are the parent....You are supposed to know what's good for them.....order for them, and if they don't eat it, no more food until the next meal.

OP
OP
L

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That restaurant thing is brilliant!! I remember when my son was younger, I'd order for him, as soon as he got his meal I'd act all funny jealous about it and that I wanted to trade. He'd engulf that meal like the lil greedy monster he used to be:). Appreciate the "Like," sent one your way. I could NEVER be prez btw, I'd go psycho from all the incompetant underlings. Plus I'm a little too extreme, I'd piss too many people off.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well after reading some Forums and feeling my blood boil, I've decided to make this post and state my feelings. I'm very curious to see how many agree and how many don't. I do live in WA State btw, so be prepared for some hippie views. Without further ado, my listish format:

Well, now we all know what you think about. :icon_scratch:

I also live in Washington, but nowhere near a big city. Can't stand 'em..too
much noise and far too many people.

A philosophy of mine that you might consider:

The Essence of Compassion

"Resolve to be tender with the young, Compassionate with the aged,
Sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and wrong......
...... because sometime in your life you have been guilty of all of these."

I have little patience for the asshats of this world, as well, however why waste
your energy stressing over things you can not change? I live MY LIFE
the way I want to, and the hell with the rest of those dicks. They can deal with their
own problems, just like the rest of us.

For me? I make damn sure I Carpe' my Diem at least once a day, and go to bed
at night wondering what adventures tomorrow might bring. Beats the hell out of
stressing over all that other BS.

My two centavos worth...
twocents-1.gif

Dizz

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You two centavos are well spent here in this forum. I enjoyed reflecting on that quote, especially the "Sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and wrong" portion.
I love that I can't be complete without other's mindsets. That I wouldn't be developed nearly as much if I didn't have others thoughts to bounce around in my head.
Something I've always told my friends, "Be honest, be tactless, I don't care just be truthful. My appreciation of your truthfulness with overtake any negative emotion I may get from your words."
Hope to see you on the MD field Dizzy, you already know I'd split my findings with ya.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love that I can't be complete without other's mindsets. That I wouldn't be developed nearly as much if I didn't
have others thoughts to bounce around in my head.
<snip>
Hope to see you on the MD field Dizzy, you already know I'd split my findings with ya.

I often find myself trying to better understand others mindsets, but to presume we know what they truly
think is another matter entirely. Please consider that "....others thoughts to bounce around in my head" are
merely your presumption of what the other individuals thoughts, motivations and true goals
actually are. Presumption will get you into trouble more often than not, as we get a *presumptive* idea in our
heads about someone we don't really know, and then find out (often embarrassingly) that they are nothing
at all like what we assumed they would be.

If you must spend the effort, then try and understand why they believe/feel as they do; look at things
through their eyes and see if you come to some different conclusions. Could be it doesn't change your
mind at all, but at least you've taken the time and made the effort. Or...you could choose the path I ultimately
did, and that's to spend my time and energy towards my own projects, and those other people can deal
(or not) with the world they've made for themselves.

If we (as Americans) ever figure out that the Gov't keeps us all "fractured" into what they
consider manageable groups, and if we begin to blur those lines dividing us, we just *might*
begin to get that sense of "COMMUNITY" our great country once had was beginning to return.

Right now everybody and their brother has been classified into one distinct group, or another, or in
some cases several groups. Democrat or Republican, Rich or Poor, being in what is labeled as
"a minority", middle-aged white guys, pro-abortion or pro-life, gay or straight (or somewhere in
between), pro dredge or pro-extreme environmentalism etc. the list is freakin' endless. Every time a
new "issue" pops up..guess what..yep, add another slice in the pie of division among Americans, and
the politicians, radio shows (on both sides of the isle) and the press do everything they can to make sure
it happens.

Don't know who said it, but: United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

I'm a strong conservative myself, however, we (America) had best get our heads out
or arses and start remembering that it was strong families and communities that made
this country strong. There's always been divisions, but when the chips were down all that
was set aside for the good of the community. Not so today, as we are all at odds with one
another over something, and often it is simply our own herd mentality and we don't
really even know why we dislike "them" so much. Well, when those divisions are constantly
having their flames fanned by the media, the walls of the divisions are strengthened which
makes matters all the worse.

I can agree, in principle, with 90% or more of your first post, but, how is that going
to do a single thing to change the situation? So, in other words unless I've got a viable solution
to propose, I'm simply wasting my energy disliking something that I can't do a damn thing about.
Still, it's up to the individuals choice on how they want to pursue their own lives, I guess, and having
been on both sides of the equation the way I choose to live now is much preferred. If any of my
neighbors need help (even if they oppose everything I'm for), they know they can count on me
to be there, doing what I can.

We only get so many days/hours to live our lives, and there's no "do overs", so it just makes
sense IMO to try and put every day/hour of it to positive use doing what we can. If that's doing something
we enjoy, then that's positive. If we enjoy helping out at the food bank, then that's positive. If you have
to go stand in line at the food bank, then be sure and smile at someone who smiles back. Beats the
crap out of stressing over asshats, and actually accomplishes more to improve the things.

Now, this is just my personal philosophy and I wouldn't expect others to agree/disagree. However,
just like many others today I've had enough rotten crap in my past for 3 lives. All that stressing
and pent up anxiety never did me a damn bit of good, and never changed a damn thing. Learned
a lesson or two from it, add in the experience of a couple of life-threatening medical situations and
it soon becomes a real attitude changer...8-)

Again, another 2 cents worth..

Dizz

p.s. And don't forget to Carpe' your Diem at least once a day!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What drives me crazy:
Fat parents with fat kids.
Anybody that thinks the hardcore drugs they did for years has no lasting affect.
People that play the victim, especially men.
People that refuse to take responsibility for ANYTHING.
People that can't take ANY form of criticism, you know the type. They will IMMEDIATELY raise their voice and spark back with things they think are wrong with you without even acknowledging what you said.
Pregnant woman who smoke or drink.
People of Welfare that are FREAKING OUT about the new drug testing law about to be enacted. We all know, you're so busted.
Ungrateful folk out there, always thinking they should have gotten more even if they get something for free!
Cable T.V. If you don't only have Hulu Plus/Netflix/Crackle, what are you even doing anymore with your money?
Folks who ask questions even before attempting things themselves(on most things, not big equipment of course)
Murderers and Child Rapists. Please PLEASE Mr. Gov't, it's time to act like Texas in this matter and PEACE THEM OUT.
People who have a hard time telling other people good job or that they are proud of them.
People living in denial about their life that refuse to admit they made a mistake.
ANY MAN who blames the female for "getting pregnant." I'm sorry guys, but if your ready to have sex, your ready to parent a child. That's the plain and simple.
The Mormons who think they are better than everyone else out there. Only that type of Mormon, most I enjoy.
People that can't feel happy or good when they help someone out simply because they didn't get anything out of it.
FAST FOOD. GAGH FAST FOOD!!!! Seriously!!! Why are they still open? Why are parents buying their children happy meals everyday!? Get rid of that CRAP.
Men who don't ackowledge how wonderful and REQUIRED women are. There are many things my girl does better than me and you bet your ass I make her feel good about it.
Parents who are still letting there 20/30 something yr old live at home. Get off your PS3 and XBox 360, go find a job and stop living off your parents!!!
The parents who REFUSE to spank there child. The "time out" parent that sets there kid off to the side SCREAMING and going PSYCHO. "Ok now I'm gonna count to 3. One.......two.....two.....c'mon jimmy.....two....two...." Can't you see no one in the family is happy with you when you come over for family dinner? Can't you tell we all want to slap you and they spank your child's whiney butt? KIDS DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER when they are real young. I love that they'd rather scream and curse at their child rather then spanking them NO MORE then twice, so f'd up.
FAST FOOD, PRESERVATIVES, NITRATES, FOLKS WHO ARE OBLIVIOUS TO ALL THERE NEGATIVE EFFECTS. Don't think this food doesn't mess you and your child up. Your 6yr old shouldn't have Pamela Anderson boobs.
Romney supporters.

If you're fat and your child's fat, that's child abuse.
If you let your toddler child watch the movies you watch, that's child abuse.
If you purchase Call of Duty or Modern Warfare or any of that "LETS MAKE IT LOOK LIKE REAL PEOPLE KILLING" CRAP for your underage son or daughter, that's child abuse.
If you don't think constantly watching Smut online can cause a mental illness/disease, your just a fool.

Why are drug/high vehicle homicide people only getting one or two years? Why can someone kill someone and only get 4yrs? We may see that they've been sentanced for longer, but if you don't know what an Early Release Date is, well...you don't know about the prison system.

Something that I think about often, something that I get a good chuckle over. Imagine if McD's closed overnight? Imagine the riots that would happen? Imagine the pathetic interviews on TV with people saying they won't know what to do. Did you all know that in Kentucky last year, a McD's ran out of McRibs and people rioted and went psycho on the store?

We need to hold more people accountable. No more of this Insane Plea Crap. If they are insane then why are they still here? Oh wait, let's lock them up, cause more damage, charge the tax payers 40K per head A YEAR and call it a justice system. But they just forgot to take their meds that day.....they were raised wrong......they blah blah blah. I don't care if you were raised in a house of horror, hurting people is wrong whether that's how you were raised or not. Our bodies TELL US it's wrong regardless of what our upbringing might have included. I got beat when I was younger, I'm sure many of you did, but I didn't grow up that way and don't emulate my prior pain.

I wish I could plug Pink Floyd and The Beatles directly into everybodys minds. Neil Young as well. "Wish you were here" to "come together" for our "heart of gold."

Sorry if I upset any of you. It makes me SO mad to see people just HEATED about all this gun crap, yet we can't even get close to figuring out the basics. If we loved our brothers and sisters enough we wouldn't have to buy a gun out of fear/for protection. I seriously do love you all and wish I could share a drink/smoke/conversation with each of you in person. I value each and every opinion regardless if it matches mine or not.

I need to go chill WA State style,
Link

one 2 part question ? can you name 3 things you like ?
& why do you even bother getting up in the mornings ? :tongue3:

You're working on an early stroke :o

from Planet earth , I say Peace :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with this for the most part,Minus the video games being child abuse,My son is now 7 and hunts with me during several different seasons throughout the year,I have another son who is now 5 months old who will also hunt with me in the future,My 7 yr old plays all types of war games with weapons n such in them,He has also been taught to know the difference in a video game and a real weapon. Its not the video games that cause incidents with children and firearms,Its lack of parenting.A child only knows what he or she is taught,I believe in teaching your child that video games are for entertainment and that real firearms require a proper education in order to handle them safely. The whole CALL OF DUTY made him shoot up the class is bogus,Lack of parenting is what caused him to shoot up the class.Video Games were just a cop out for sorry azz parents who didnt take the time to educaute there children, You all know the type HERE IS A NEW VIDEO GAME LIL JIMMY,NOW GET OUT OF MY FACE!!!

OP
OP
L

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
3 things that I like hmmm:
I absolutely love taking someones cart back to the cart corral thingy when I've walked to my car from the store. I've always had some granny around me that I'll go help load her car up and take the cart back. Of course a quick convo, hug and off I go. I'm sure that sounds weird, it's been like that forever.
I really enjoy giving away posters. I've collected tons all my life and each new person that enters my residence or drops something off at my door recieves one. M.C Esher, Victoria Francis, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Star Trek, Anime, TONS of types. All hand picked with love haha.
Smiling when someone is talking to me and telling them when they've said something that will last with me forever. I really enjoy making people feel proud of themselves when they are doing something righteous and good. I love seeing people invest themselves in healthy hobbies.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 things that I like hmmm:
I absolutely love taking someones cart back to the cart corral thingy when I've walked to my car from the store. I've always had some granny around me that I'll go help load her car up and take the cart back. Of course a quick convo, hug and off I go. I'm sure that sounds weird, it's been like that forever.
I really enjoy giving away posters. I've collected tons all my life and each new person that enters my residence or drops something off at my door recieves one. M.C Esher, Victoria Francis, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Star Trek, Anime, TONS of types. All hand picked with love haha.
Smiling when someone is talking to me and telling them when they've said something that will last with me forever. I really enjoy making people feel proud of themselves when they are doing something righteous and good. I love seeing people invest themselves in healthy hobbies.

I like Pink Floyd :laughing7: but only Pre "Final Cut" (Piper '67 to the wall '79)

& no that's not a hint for a poster that's a hint
of something on your list, that I can say, I enjoy also :coffee2:

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well Link, that's quite a list! I will start at the top and work through the list a post at a time. Fat parents and kids. This is a result of lifestyle more than anything. I never have bought the notion it's hereditary. Calories in and calories out, simple. I don't blame fast food for this it is our lazy society. Mostly recipients (I know I will probably catch you know what for this) If it comes to easy all they will do is sit around. Fast food it is our right weather we eat it or not. Should not be regulated any more than it is. We as a people should never pay for it through ebt or any other program either. This is America and we have the right to choose what we eat.

OP
OP
L

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you gents for the "likes" as well as the good banter.
"Calories in, calories out" PREACH IT DIESEL. That line caught me the most and I was happy to hear you say that. I too share the same view as you with the hereditary stuff.
What's it called when you watch people a lot? I can't remember, but I know that I have it. I grew up lifeguarding and now I'm a corrections officer so obviously I'm always watching people and seeing what they are up to.
I need to focus more on myself. Maybe if I improve, that's how I'll help others improve. They will want to emulate my success.....I WISH lolol.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just remember link, its not illegal to be fat...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I say be happy in your own life -- forget the annoying bothersome others and what they do as much as possible, because life is short -- you are basically in control of only your bodys actions and your thoughts and what "you" do --you can not "control" others and their thoughts or actions , yes you might "influance " othersaround you but you do not "control" them like a robot - just because you feel you know whats best for he world , so they should do it "your way" does not mean your "in charge" --hilter also had that type of "mind set" ala let me run the show , because I know whats best for everyone.

ps no one promised you that in life you would be happy or that life would be "pain free". so learn to "hump on thru the pain" --aka as ---suck it up , buttercup.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I grew up lifeguarding and now I'm a corrections officer so obviously I'm always watching people and seeing what they are up to.
I need to focus more on myself. Maybe if I improve, that's how I'll help others improve. They will want to emulate my success.....I WISH lolol.

Link: your first post makes a lot more sense now that we know you are a corrections officer. Consider the quality of people
(inmates) that you get to spend time around. Doesn't seem like that type of work would inspire you to have much confidence
in your fellow man, now would it? Give humanity some credit Link, as the vast majority of people (anywhere) just want
to earn an honest living and enjoy their families.

Have you considered taking an extended break from work and getting back out among mainstream
Americans for awhile? There's lots of good people Link, and they come as fat folks, skinny folks, liberal
folks and everything in between. Each of us has our crosses to bear in life and I believe for the most
part people do the best they can with what they've got. True, there are those who suck the teats of
American Socialism, in fact there's generations of 'em..but that's not what America is all about, is it?

If you don't do it regularly already, go hang out with some regular old folks somewhere. Leave
the "critical eye of justice" at home, and just go enjoy yourself and the pleasures of good company.
If we have to tolerate the dregs of society all day, just how long does it take to start thinking that
the slime and teat-suckers of society have taken over? It may appear that way for the moment, but
that's simply the final embers of the socialistic dream trying desperately to relight itself. It won't, and
in another 3.5 years I expect that America will have had enough, and the healing of this countries
FREEDOM can begin.

So go tell your bossholes that your online therapist has just strongly advised you to spend 3-5 weeks
in a pleasant environment, and that your only responsibility is to have fun, make sure you sleep and wake
up again in the morning (or afternoon..who's gonna care?), and that the bartender keeps sending
you those funny, fruity tasting drinks with the little umbrellas and all the goodies you can eat.
alc.gif

(ps: if you don't drink, then that changes nothing. I've had many sodas with little umbrellas 8-)...)

Last edited:

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good intentions I think. I'm new here so I dont mean to offend you but I agree with someone above that you are working on a stroke.

You keep mentioning fast food and fat people/kids and seem to lean to healthy living- but at the end say something about sharing a smoke with others????

I'm not fat by any means, and I do smoke a pack a day- but is that any more/less healthy than someone who eats Mickey D's daily?

You actually singled out McD's several times - I think ronald is THE LEAST of this country's problems I'm sorry.

The other 99.9% of what you said I agree with tho lol. - but to each their own ya know- in some way or another, WE ALL do something to destory ourselves. Some people are over weight. Some people smoke. Some people go crazy and and murder random people who smoke or are over weight or smoke- or both and then kill themeselves.

The world is a crazy place -but you gotta make of it what you can.

I actually enjoyed reading every bit of that by the way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread