My wife hates the hobby, doesn't want me to talk about it (Depresses her), and doesn't want any of the jewelry I find. She thinks we are opportunistic vultures who prey on people who are unfortunate to loose things. It doesn't matter I have returned 5 rings and had a profound impact on that persons life. It is a shame she cannot support the things that I enjoy doing. All of you guys with spouses that support your hobby don't know how lucky you are.
Short story,I was out detecting @ oceanside from 7:00-7:00 (12 Hrs.).This man told me I should stop over @ Poncho Beach lot's of people go there,so I worked my way down the coastline of beaches.I call my husband to let him know I'll be home around 8:00,he tells me drive safely,I'll see ya when you get home

:Packed my gear up,heading home until I see this sign Poncho Beach,then it dawn on me the guy told me to go there..What do you think? Of course I have to stop

As soon as I started detecting couple swings this woman comes over frantic,I lost my car keys in the sand,,please help me!!So I'm excited b/c this is my first time helping someone with my Mxt Pro.She showed me the area where it might be, a few swings & keys in my scoop!! The look on her face--Priceless,,her friend said it was magic,,I said "Thank God" it was he that brought me here,the odds on this:headband:She thanked me very much & I headed back home..All those hours, I found a lot of trash,about $12.00 worth of coins,lost car key--which to me was Priceless

When I got home I told my husband the story,,he was a so proud of me & so happy I had a great time..My husband normally goes with me, while I'm detecting he sits in his van working on his computer or reads,I try not to stay out to long anywhere from 4-5 hours or he drops me off @ a beach & picks me up later,when he goes out on job walks,when its my days off. He knows I love the ocean & I love to detect,,what more can a girl ask for--besides another new detector

In return I do a lot of things with my husband as well,like golfing,riding motorcycles,etc.having quality time with each other...
HH
Hopefully your wife will come around,,say a prayer for her it doesn't hurt,,,