My favorite prospecting site was all claimed!

idowa

Jan 21, 2012
Palouse, WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was the perfect spot! About 8 miles from my house and dotted with old mines and trails everywhere. I loved going out there and just poking around with the metal detector and exploring with my ATV.

I went out there last week to try some dry-panning and found the same claims signs next to all of the access roads and trails. They said that the Big Bug Gold mine has claimed the area and there was no "mineral extraction" allowed.

This is all BLM or state land...:BangHead:

It was a great place...

Upvote 0
I forgot all about this post! I read through the replies and thought I should clarify some things...

My disgust was not that "my" area was claimed, only that it was a neat area within 10 miles of my house that had lots of old mines in the area and I enjoyed exploring it and doing some prospecting here and there on. The claim made by the big mining outfit upset me because now I can still ride around on it, but can't pick up any cool rocks or do any metal detecting or panning on it.

I really have no interest in getting a claim. I now mostly stick to either the Lynx Creek area or Agua Fria river area and being public waterways, claims are not allowed as far as I know...

...its the rush right now,I am seeing new claim markers every where,it does suck cause %90 of them just have them to sit on until they can convince some sucker to buy them.A few places I like to detect for coins now have claim markers which means no more detecting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back