My finds and picks for today

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I was in the 'big city' today on business, and stopped by a thrift shop today.

Here are my picks:

(Almost all of these are going to our flea market booth)

Carhartt coat- Paid $2 for this blanket lined coat. Looks like it has never been washed or worn. Should bring $25, and should sell FAST at that price.

Roseville Stoneware - Paid $1.75, and I'll mark it for $20

Vintage Tonka truck - Paid 2.50, should sell pretty fast for $20

Vintage feeder calf bucket with nipple - Paid $1. For some reason these sell extremely well at the flea market. Will mark it $12.

Pet carrier - Paid $1.50, will mark it $12 for a fast sale.

Electric food warmer with chaffing pans - Paid $7, but it is new in the box. Should easily sell for $30.

Craftsman drill - Paid $4. In super nice condition. Will mark $15 or more.

A high end ceramic figurine - Paid 50 cents. The wife researched it, and thinks it might bring $75-$100. Details to follow when I confirm this. Will be listed on the bay.

Dickies work pants - Cost about 50 cents a pair. New with tags. Should sell crazy fast at $5 a pair. 5 pair total = $25; may list these for more on the bay, or might just take them to the FM and not hassle with listing them.

Nothing big, special or exciting today. I hope the ceramic figurine is worth $75+.

Not bad for about 40 minutes worth of picking.

Dang.

I had no idea that the Dickies work/uniform pants sold so well on ebay. I will probably rethink how we will sell them, especially since they are NWT, and all pairs are the same size.

Like your style. A decent profit on a bunch of things instead of trying to make a living off 1 item. Diversification, I think they call it... :thumbsup:

Man all that stuff would have been sky high at a thrift store here. They mark junk shoes with holes for 20 bucks here. My mom goes to Cleveland and Akron to thrift store shop because of the cheaper prices.

Man all that stuff would have been sky high at a thrift store here. They mark junk shoes with holes for 20 bucks here. My mom goes to Cleveland and Akron to thrift store shop because of the cheaper prices.

I hear ya.

Most of the thrifts around here are just as bad. I don't even waste my time walking into a regular GW.

We were looking for nice jeans for our daughter last year, and the GW here wanted 6.99 and 7.99 for kids jeans. I can buy them for $10 on sale at the outlet mall, and get NEW jeans in the style, color and style we want.

outstanding_md.gif

I need a pic of the Roseville. What does it look like?

I'm too dumb to know how to post a pic.

I should have been more descriptive in my OP. I was pretty dang tired when I posted, and I didn't mean to be misleading.

This piece is not old. I wouldn't think it is older than the 1980's. It is stoneware, with a cobalt banded stripe. I would guess that it is larger than 2 quarts. It is marked "Roseville, Ohio" on the bottom.

When I first picked it up, I thought it was a ceramic Longaberger offering from the 90's. We've sold quite a few of those pieces over the years.

Nonetheless, I still think it is a $20 item.

Last edited:
I'm too dumb to know how to post a pic.

I should have been more descriptive in my OP. I was pretty dang tired when I posted, and I didn't mean to be misleading.

This piece is not old. I wouldn't think it is older than the 1980's. It is stoneware, with a cobalt banded stripe. I would guess that it is larger than 2 quarts. It is marked "Roseville, Ohio" on the bottom.

When I first picked it up, I thought it was a ceramic Longaberger offering from the 90's. We've sold quite a few of those pieces over the years.

Nonetheless, I still think it is a $20 item.
Gotcha. I know what your talking about. It's probably marked RRPCO for Robinson Ransbottom Pottery Company in Roseville Ohio. Not the same as an actual piece of "Roseville" pottery. They have been out of business since the early 50's. I should have guessed that when you said it was stoneware.
Fill us in on that ceramic figurine when you get a chance. Let me know if you need help id'ing it.

Fill us in on that ceramic figurine when you get a chance. Let me know if you need help id'ing it.

It is a Jim Shore Heartwood Creek figurine. It is actually a Christmas ornament.

My wife first looked it up, and thought it was a discontinued ornament, and thought it may have been worth $75 or more, but sadly, it is not. I'd guess that we'll list this piece for $25, but it will take a good Christmas season to sell it.

Some of the Jim Shore Disney stuff is HOT, though, and I am happy that I learned something new.

We were in the 'big city' again today, and stopped by the same thrift shop.

We spent a whopping $11, most of it on personal items that we'll keep.

The picking was horrid. Simply awful.

Man, I want to go to a thrift store like that! Those sound like some unbeatable prices, a blanket lined carhartt coat for $2! I sell those for $45 on ebay, no problem. Nice work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back