My Fine today ! (not a typo)

Weddle546

Oct 27, 2009
White Mountains, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ancient coinmaster
LONG STORY: Well my new safari came in yesterday and since i was off work today i decided since it was nice, to go out and try it. I went to an old house foundation on forest service land where alot of people go to ride atv's and just get out to have a picnic or whatever. Most of where i live is forest service land. The roads were clear of snow finally and most the area so i was excited to get to beeping. (Mind you i brought the honda accord since the wife had the jeep). Well the roads looked good and were solid so i wasnt afraid to go down them. Then i hit a soft spot. The car sunk in the awful sticky mud we have here. I called my wife and she came from work to pull me out. The jeep just slipped. So i called my uncle and he brought out the hemi dodge and a winch. We got it out and were just about to leave when a forest service truck shows up. I figured he thought he could help. No instead he gives me a $275 ticket for damaging the road. Like i intentionally did it. I said "Well it isnt bad i will fill it in". He still gave me the ticket saying i was lucky he didnt give my wife one too. He then proceeded to leave and he himself got stuck and buried his new dodge hemi almost up to the frame. He barely made it out. He left some ruts so big that mine looked like little bicycle tracks compared to his. I had to laugh at the fact i made it further in my little honda than he did in his truck. So after getting the car home i started making calls. First call was to the local Ranger, head of the station. He thought it wasnt fair but couldnt do anything. So he gave me the number of the state captain. I explained the incident to him and he said he would talk to him and asked if i took pictures and i said yes. He wanted me to email them to him so now i just need to hear back. Good ole Murphy's law i tell ya. Well i hope the rest of you actually found something today. lol. And i am stubborn when it comes to whats right and i wont back down. If this isnt resolved i will contact the local news station and if need be i will go to jail before i pay it. Somebody has to stand ground. Our country has gotten so bad that we are losing all of our freedoms. including ones we pay taxes on >:(

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I read this and just shake my head, he left you there with a slip of paper and went on his merry old way.
I don't get the fact that you were stuck, where is the maintenance of the road play into this?
Something really sucks, "Not Guilty" But your going to be eating up some of your time fighting it.

OP
OP
Weddle546

Weddle546

Oct 27, 2009
White Mountains, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ancient coinmaster
HCW said:
First of all, how about we start taking responsability for the mistakes we make .
You got yourself stuck on a road you probably shouldn't have been on in the first place in a Honda Accord. Then you blame the Ranger.
Secondly, this should be in general discussion ,not Todays Finds.

You and the ranger should go have a cup of coffee together. You may be lifelong friends.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
HCW said:
First of all, how about we start taking responsability for the mistakes we make .
You got yourself stuck on a road you probably shouldn't have been on in the first place in a Honda Accord. Then you blame the Ranger.
Secondly, this should be in general discussion ,not Todays Finds.
What a ridiculous statement!!

ringsandthings

Greenie
Feb 10, 2010
Brookings, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Next time.............

You should have taken his license plate number. Called the cops, not 911(misuse of 911) and reported that someone was damaging the road and cited the infraction number off of your ticket. They don't need to know that you just got a ticket, just the vehicle code infraction. If anyone says anything, you tell them that clearly this is an offence and that you have a ticket of your own to prove it.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Next time.............

ringsandthings said:
You should have taken his license plate number. Called the cops, not 911(misuse of 911) and reported that someone was damaging the road and cited the infraction number off of your ticket. They don't need to know that you just got a ticket, just the vehicle code infraction. If anyone says anything, you tell them that clearly this is an offence and that you have a ticket of your own to prove it.

That's pretty good :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of some of the crazy stuff that goes on in Oregon... I once had my 4 Wheeler off road just slowly putting around with my son (we were mushroom hunting).... I have a USFS guy ON A 4 WHEELER stop me and write me a ticket for "leaving tracks".. Now mind you, the "tracks" were just where you could barely see tire tracks on the grass.. No burnouts, or even distrubed ground.. Just slight imprints that would likely be gone by morning..
All the while he is writing me a ticket, I ask him "what was all that ground tore up from on the way in here?", referring to a rather large area that was torn up into a fine powder dirt.. Vegetation all gone... "Oh, thats where the sheep have been"...
So I guess it is okay form Mr Sheep farmer to get a cheap lease, and then tear up acres and acres of ground with them, but I take my son for a nice day mushroom hunting and get a ticket for "being off the road"...
As I was leaving, I asked him how many people have been killed while driving their 4 wheelers on the main gravel road, since people in trucks and cars drive insanely crazy around corners and fast as all get out.. "Only two since I have been with the FS"... 5 yrs..
I sold my 4 wheeler about a month later... What good are they if you can only drive them on roads?? Gotta love the Govt and their common sense rules..

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Go and rake out your ruts so when you go to court you can say "I already fixed them like I said I would." After you fix yours, take new pictures of his. Make sure to tell the judge that that guy was acting like a root. It won't change the case, but it will be on the court record and maybe let the ranger know that he is being a bit aggressive.

FH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread