What's new

My First 3 Cent Piece !!! ***VIDEO***

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I can finally check one of these tiny 3 Cent coins off of my list. After work today I hit one of my spots that I've been detecting for years. Only now I am armed with the new Tesoro Vaquero that I've been using for about a month or so. I loved the Silver uMax, but felt it was finally time to move up. This Vaquero has already proven numerous times that I have missed a lot of targets.
I started off with my very first signal being a dropped 3-ringer, followed up by a musket ball under a deep root, and then a pocket knife in a yard area I have beaten to death over the years. :thumbsup:
I then started detecting around an old oak tree close to were I had dug my very first CW bullet and Scovills button years ago.
I got a nice signal around the base of the tree, dug down about 6-7" and could see some small silver staring back at me from a clump of dirt. :o
Here's the video I shot:



Unfortunately, the coin is well worn with no date, but it looks to be the variety 1 (1851-1853). :dontknow:
To top it off it looks like I nicked it too. :( Not the best looking coin, but it sure is the smallest. I can't believe these coins were even made. No wonder they are so hard to find.
I never thought I would see the day I would dig one of these little guys. ;D
Thanks Tesoro!!!!!! :occasion14:

Thanks for looking,
MM
 

Attachments

  • DSCN5783.webp
    DSCN5783.webp
    217.7 KB · Views: 1,349
  • DSCN5784.webp
    DSCN5784.webp
    184.8 KB · Views: 1,337
  • MVC-026S.webp
    MVC-026S.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,324
  • MVC-027S.webp
    MVC-027S.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,334
  • MVC-028S.webp
    MVC-028S.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,320
  • MVC-029S.webp
    MVC-029S.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,338
  • MVC-030S.webp
    MVC-030S.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,378
  • MVC-031S.webp
    MVC-031S.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,399
  • MVC-032S.webp
    MVC-032S.webp
    24 KB · Views: 1,418
  • MVC-033S.webp
    MVC-033S.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,432
  • MVC-034S.webp
    MVC-034S.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,502
Upvote 0
Congrats. They are tough to dig due to size. Always nice to check one off the list.
 
BuckleBoy said:
ModernMiner said:
BuckleBoy said:
ModernMiner said:
BuckleBoy said:
GREAT find! :headbang:

Those little --deleted--s are elusive! I have dug some 2c's but never a 3c silver or 3c nickel. :dontknow:

Cheers,

Buck

Thanks BB. Hard to believe you haven't dug one with as much great stuff you have found over the years.
-Doug-

Nope. Never dug one. :dontknow:

BB,
May 2012 be your year then. :thumbsup:
Heck, I'm still trying to find my first Barber quarter and Franklin half. :laughing9:
Have a great weekend & enjoy the gumbo.
-Dug-

Thanks for the well-wishes, Doug ("Dug") 8)

You know, it's always funny what the diggin gods have in store. I have still not dug a Barber Quarter. I have dug Barber halves, and lots of dimes. Have dug a Seated Quarter, and a couple Standing over the years...but no Barber 25c. I am usually the guy standing there beside the guy that digs one. :D One week, KFB dug two while I was standing there. ::) BUT--I'd much rather dig a 3c than a Barber 25c. Much cooler coin to dig. 8)

Congrats again, my friend. And I don't know if I ever said so, but thank you for the hilarious Christmas Card. :wink:

-Buck

I was wondering if you ever got the Christmas card. I thought maybe I had a wrong address. :icon_scratch:
Glad it made it. Sorry it wasn't a new car, but maybe this year. :thumbsup: :laughing9:
Take care Will.
 
Very Nice!!!!
Congrats!!

Joe
 
metalev4 said:
Congrats. They are tough to dig due to size. Always nice to check one off the list.

Thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:
I thought a half dime was small until I dug this. :laughing9:
-MM-

Joe88 said:
Very Nice!!!!
Congrats!!

Joe

Thanks Joe. Much appreciated. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-
 
Sweet find, Doug. Still on my list of MIA's :help: Glad you are geting out and finding some goodies in Winter :notworthy:
 
Crazyjarhead said:
Sweet find, Doug. Still on my list of MIA's :help: Glad you are geting out and finding some goodies in Winter :notworthy:

Winter? What winter? :laughing9:
Thanks Ron. :thumbsup:
 
Awesome coin!! Glad you got your first one. :hello2:
 
Not only nice but an exciting sign.
 
Nooberz said:
Awesome coin!! Glad you got your first one. :hello2:

Thanks Nooberz.
I can just picture a CW soldier leaning up against that tree and losing it.
Lots of great stuff I've dug at this property over the years. :thumbsup:
-MM-

rjw4law said:
Not only nice but an exciting sign.

Thanks.
I've now checked off a one cent (LC), 2 cent, and 3 cent. Was there a 4 cent I should be looking for next? :icon_scratch: :laughing9:
-MM-
 
Congratulations Doug on the smallest coin ever minted by the United States. I still love seeing those in the hole each time I find one :occasion14: Although they don't usually command a hefty penny, they're still one of my favorite coins to find, Congratulations buddy! :hello2: :icon_thumleft: :wink:
 
Ken in Georgia said:
Sweet finds !!!!

Thanks Ken. :thumbsup:

{Sentinel} said:
Congratulations Doug on the smallest coin ever minted by the United States. I still love seeing those in the hole each time I find one :occasion14: Although they don't usually command a hefty penny, they're still one of my favorite coins to find, Congratulations buddy! :hello2: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Thanks Josh. :thumbsup:
I get excited every time I find a coin I have no clue what it is. I still remember calling my first Walker half a Standing Liberty half in one of my posts and videos. :laughing9: Oh well, we learn. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

***DON'T FORGET TO GET IN ON HERBIE'S GREAT CONTEST***
http://www.justgodetecting.com/forums/topic507.html
 
Hey MM,

I found a 1851 O last week out here in AZ. Nice to see another one found. You can read my thread called Thrice is Nice.

Awesome job and welcome to the Trime club with few members.

Fish
 
Fishstank said:
Hey MM,

I found a 1851 O last week out here in AZ. Nice to see another one found. You can read my thread called Thrice is Nice.

Awesome job and welcome to the Trime club with few members.

Fish

SWEET!!! :thumbsup: Great to see yours had a date on it still. Congrats. :hello2:
I'll check out your thread.
Thanks,
MM
 
MM,

Well my date was worn off. But I could see that it was a variety 1. After I posted the pic is when I saw that it was an O mint and that's when I knew the date.

Fish
 
Great finds that coin is great. Coins seem to always hid from me and I cover miles of dirt every week.
 
Hutch911 said:
Great finds that coin is great. Coins seem to always hid from me and I cover miles of dirt every week.

Hutch,
I used to have the same affect on women. LOL.
I don't find a lot of old coins either buddy. :dontknow:
Thanks,
Doug
 
Very nice. Congrats!
 
Great find. Enjoy the video
 
Papa Bear said:
Very nice. Congrats!

Thanks PB. :icon_thumleft:

kw4outdoors said:
Great find. Enjoy the video

Thanks KW.
I'm glad my truck and camera were close by this time. :laughing9:
-MM-
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom