What's new

My First 3 Cent Piece !!! ***VIDEO***

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I can finally check one of these tiny 3 Cent coins off of my list. After work today I hit one of my spots that I've been detecting for years. Only now I am armed with the new Tesoro Vaquero that I've been using for about a month or so. I loved the Silver uMax, but felt it was finally time to move up. This Vaquero has already proven numerous times that I have missed a lot of targets.
I started off with my very first signal being a dropped 3-ringer, followed up by a musket ball under a deep root, and then a pocket knife in a yard area I have beaten to death over the years. :thumbsup:
I then started detecting around an old oak tree close to were I had dug my very first CW bullet and Scovills button years ago.
I got a nice signal around the base of the tree, dug down about 6-7" and could see some small silver staring back at me from a clump of dirt. :o
Here's the video I shot:



Unfortunately, the coin is well worn with no date, but it looks to be the variety 1 (1851-1853). :dontknow:
To top it off it looks like I nicked it too. :( Not the best looking coin, but it sure is the smallest. I can't believe these coins were even made. No wonder they are so hard to find.
I never thought I would see the day I would dig one of these little guys. ;D
Thanks Tesoro!!!!!! :occasion14:

Thanks for looking,
MM
 

Attachments

  • DSCN5783.webp
    DSCN5783.webp
    217.7 KB · Views: 1,349
  • MVC-034S.webp
    MVC-034S.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,502
  • MVC-033S.webp
    MVC-033S.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,432
  • MVC-032S.webp
    MVC-032S.webp
    24 KB · Views: 1,418
  • MVC-031S.webp
    MVC-031S.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,399
  • MVC-030S.webp
    MVC-030S.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,378
  • MVC-029S.webp
    MVC-029S.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,338
  • MVC-028S.webp
    MVC-028S.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,320
  • MVC-027S.webp
    MVC-027S.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,334
  • MVC-026S.webp
    MVC-026S.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,324
  • DSCN5784.webp
    DSCN5784.webp
    184.8 KB · Views: 1,337
Upvote 0
Way to go finding the 3 cent piece Doug! I'm happy for you! Keep it up. Rob said I should send you that thing I found in the woods the other day for your birthday. Ha Ha.
 
Seabiscuit said:
Way to go finding the 3 cent piece Doug! I'm happy for you! Keep it up. Rob said I should send you that thing I found in the woods the other day for your birthday. Ha Ha.

LMAO!!!
Floyd,
I appreciate the great gesture, but I don't want to take away your prized unicorn horn from you. Those are very rare. :thumbsup: :laughing9:
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
-Dug-
 
Doug, I found one this past Saturday. mine is 1853 and well worn. :icon_pirat:
 

Attachments

  • 18e.webp
    18e.webp
    19 KB · Views: 486
  • 18f.webp
    18f.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 480
  • 18f.webp
    18f.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 483
  • 18e.webp
    18e.webp
    19 KB · Views: 483
NICE FIND CONGRATS!!! :icon_thumright:
 
SkyPirate said:
Doug, I found one this past Saturday. mine is 1853 and well worn. :icon_pirat:

Joe,
WAY TO GO!!! Can you believe how tiny those 3 centers are? :o Not an easy coin to find either.
Congrats to you. Found with the Tesoro?
-Doug-
 
ModernMiner said:
SkyPirate said:
Doug, I found one this past Saturday. mine is 1853 and well worn. :icon_pirat:

Joe,
WAY TO GO!!! Can you believe how tiny those 3 centers are? :o Not an easy coin to find either.
Congrats to you. Found with the Tesoro?
-Doug-

Yes sir! Found it with the Umax.
 
Thanks everybody. Very much appreciated. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUG ! just found out it's today :occasion14: Many More to a GREAT guy and hunter :occasion15:

dawg
 
CMDiamonddawg said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUG ! just found out it's today :occasion14: Many More to a GREAT guy and hunter :occasion15:

dawg

Thanks Dawg.
Looking forward to a few frosty beverages tonight. :occasion18: :occasion14:
-Dugasaurus-
 
Nothing like checking one of the list.....Heres to ya Doug.... :wav:
Well Dun..... :thumbsup:

Soup
 
interesting finds .....congrats ! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom